Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Trouble with Morebeer  (Read 1976 times)

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
Trouble with Morebeer
« on: December 22, 2022, 02:47:42 pm »
Anyone else having issues with Morebeer?
I tried to place an order on my fire tablet and their site kept dropping my information and I never got to input my card info, or the 12% off code and never got to the place order icon. I went to the computer and placed the order.
The order arrived as scheduled, in duplicate. The first box had a tracking number I was never emailed and Stephen Daniel on the label the second had Steve which I always use and the tracking number I was emailed when I placed the second order. Somehow they decided to apply the credit card info from the second order to the first. I called and the service rep  issued a return shipping label. The duplicate order arrived at Morebeer on Monday and the charge was not removed and I called Wednesday noon CA time and was told "I'll give this to our return person right away." The charge is still there. If it's still there tomorrow I'll be calling again and letting them know this is unacceptable.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline purduekenn

• Brewer
Re: Trouble with Morebeer
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 03:08:26 pm »
Hope you get it fixed :(  I got a package last week and didn't have any trouble.

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 03:18:45 pm »
Call your credit card company customer service and explain the situation.  They should back out the second charge and open a case to follow-up with Morebeer.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline Richard

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2022, 03:40:14 pm »
I placed an order with them yesterday and had no problems with the web site or the order placement process.
Original Gravity - that would be Newton's

Offline mainebrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2022, 04:04:08 am »
I order supplies from MoreBeer several times a year. Never had any issues. Most recent order was placed on Monday without any issues.
"It's not that people are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that just isn't true." Ronald Reagan

Offline Bob357

• Brewmaster
  • Consensus means nothing to me. I am who I am.
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2022, 07:49:35 am »
I've used MoreBeer for several years and can't think of a single problem with them. I had a similar problem when renewing my anti-virus subscription online several years ago. It appeared that the transaction was terminated before completing so I went back through the process again. The purchase showed up twice on my credit card bill.

Things don't always go as planned during this busy time of the year. I'm sure they'll take care of the problem, but it may take longer than normal due to the seasonal volume they're dealing with.
Beer is my bucket list,

Bob357
Fallon, NV

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2022, 08:11:23 am »
I order supplies from MoreBeer several times a year. Never had any issues. Most recent order was placed on Monday without any issues.
I've never had a problem before, but you know what they say, "One oh sh!t cancels out a lot of attaboys."
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline mainebrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2022, 10:24:10 am »
I've never had a problem before, but you know what they say, "One oh sh!t cancels out a lot of attaboys."

True.
Once or twice they sent me more of an item than I ordered and when I brought it to their attention, they just told me to keep it. And, one time they shipped me less than I ordered and paid for and they shipped out the missing item without questions.
"It's not that people are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that just isn't true." Ronald Reagan

Offline Bob357

• Brewmaster
  • Consensus means nothing to me. I am who I am.
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2022, 01:03:30 pm »

A more popular scenario is that you never hear about positive experiences but always hear about negative ones. I try not to publicize bad experiences unless they aren't addressed.
Beer is my bucket list,

Bob357
Fallon, NV

Offline mainebrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2022, 04:01:53 am »

A more popular scenario is that you never hear about positive experiences but always hear about negative ones. I try not to publicize bad experiences unless they aren't addressed.

Good point!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 12:25:03 pm by dbeechum »

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2022, 08:05:18 am »

Good point!
I post about good experiences with vendors.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 12:25:46 pm by dbeechum »
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Fire Rooster

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2022, 08:22:51 am »
The purchase experience of a customer is remembered for a long time,
long after the item and price is forgotten.
There are many places that sell the exact same items,
customers will favor companies they've had good experiences with.

I stopped looking for best prices, best customer experience along with quality
items is where I spend my money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9WlxhYCCXM

« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 11:58:09 am by Fire Rooster »

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2022, 02:07:51 pm »
Eight days after receiving the returned items and the charge is still on the card.
We called the credit card company (no refund pending) to dispute the charge. Magically three hours later I got an e-mail from morebeer with a credit refund memo for the disputed amount.
This whole situation has felt almost scammy and I won't be using them again.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Fire Rooster

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2022, 07:03:27 am »
Eight days after receiving the returned items and the charge is still on the card.
We called the credit card company (no refund pending) to dispute the charge. Magically three hours later I got an e-mail from morebeer with a credit refund memo for the disputed amount.
This whole situation has felt almost scammy and I won't be using them again.

I seldom make recommendations,  currently I use https://www.keystonehomebrew.com/
I have no affiliation with them, and would drop them like a hot rock if my customer experience
changes for the worse.  My current overall customer experience with them is very high.
Occasionally buy elsewhere for off the beaten path items.

Cheers
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 11:27:52 am by Fire Rooster »

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2022, 07:36:35 am »

I stopped looking for best prices, best customer experience along with quality
items is where I spend my money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9WlxhYCCXM

I couldn’t have said it better myself.
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉