Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: SS garage sink for homebrew  (Read 509 times)

Offline johnshaffer

• 1st Kit
SS garage sink for homebrew
« on: January 14, 2023, 08:18:01 am »
I'm finally getting around to having plumbing installed in our garage (erm, my brewhaus...) so I can do my cleanup in there, instead of having to lug stuff into the kitchen...

Any recommendations?  I don't want a cheap "home depot special" plastic laundry/utility sink, I'm looking for a stainless steel sink, preferably at least 24" on a side (preferably even more, like 30x24).

I could also use recommendations for a commercial-style faucet with sprayer (and plenty of clearance).

My head's getting full from trying to research this kind of stuff, and I figure y'all have likely been down this road, so hoping to pick some brains from folks who have done a similar install...

Thanks in advance!

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: SS garage sink for homebrew
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 09:19:54 am »
I picked up a dual well SS sink at a recycled building supplies place for less than $20. Then added a faucet with pullout spray head.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline noonancm

• Cellarman
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2023, 09:41:55 am »
My wife put in a ss sink for me, large enough to sit 2 plastic buckets in it for cleaning. But it is not divided which allows me to sanitize one and turn it on its side to sanitize the outside of the bucket, Can never be too careful about sanitizing.

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 11:37:18 am »
My wife put in a ss sink for me, large enough to sit 2 plastic buckets in it for cleaning. But it is not divided which allows me to sanitize one and turn it on its side to sanitize the outside of the bucket, Can never be too careful about sanitizing.

That is something I don’t think I have ever done - sanitizing the outside of a fermenting bucket…but good for you for going above and beyond the call!
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2023, 11:46:54 am »

Well, maybe you can....
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline HopDen

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2023, 05:13:31 pm »
As denny said, second hand is a good way to go. If that's not an option, look for a restaurant supply shop locally.They will oftentimes sell used equipment also. Although I have a local option, I actually purchased mine from https://www.webstaurantstore.com because they were cheaper.