Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Ninja Creami  (Read 874 times)

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Ninja Creami
« on: January 05, 2023, 07:29:05 pm »
Got one of these for a Christmas present and I have to admit -- I'm impressed. The desserts I've made so far have been easy and really freakin' good. Better than store-bought ice cream and less caloric.

On a whim I threw together a recipe yesterday

80 grams dark chocolate
80 grams half and half
20 grams dark cocoa powder
30 grams sugar
250 grams 1% milk
2 tbsp Mascarpone
pinch of salt

Make a ganache from the dark choc. and half and half them stirred in cocoa powder, sugar, Mascarpone then rest of ingredients. Froze in container over night and used "Light" ice cream setting. Better than just about any store-bought ice cream. Probably about 1/2 the calories.

Offline Megary

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Ninja Creami
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 07:08:18 am »
Pretty neat little item.  I can see a nice vanilla ice cream with a measured addition of my house Stout as a perfect treat.   ;D

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 07:47:20 am »
Pretty neat little item.  I can see a nice vanilla ice cream with a measured addition of my house Stout as a perfect treat.   ;D

I think homebrewers will dig this thing for a lot of reasons, using their homebrew among one of them. Customizing ice cream or other frozen dessert recipes such as sorbet is a heck of a lot of fun. The recipe I posted was a first try and it turned out delicious. I'm pretty impressed by how it quickly churns the dessert.

And no, I am not a paid sponsor of the company. ;)

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2023, 08:54:57 am »
We just have the older school electric ice cream maker with the bowl part that stays in the freezer. I am sure this product is easier but ours works.
My wife has pretty much taken over the frozen treats at our house. Half the time it's regular ice cream but she often will experiment with lower cal stuff and it's usually pretty good.
My all time favorite is when our peaches are ripe in our little orchard she makes a ginger and sesame brittle ice cream and we take ripe peaches from a tree, grill them and serve over the ice cream.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2023, 09:44:04 am »
I was real close to impulse-buying one of these on Black Friday. Glad to hear it's actually a good product.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer