Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: AHA Rallies - do they exist anymore? And are we dinosaurs?  (Read 489 times)

Offline gswest

• Conference
  • 1st Kit
AHA Rallies - do they exist anymore? And are we dinosaurs?
« on: August 27, 2023, 12:53:33 pm »
I got a FB memory today of an AHA rally at Dry Dock Brewing in Colorado we went to in 2017. Looking back we went to at least one rally every year for many years. But I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a notice for one. Has the AHA given up on rallies? I'll digress a little, but as a lifetime AHA member for decades sometimes it feels like the organization is a shell of what it once was. The changes to NHC are emblematic of what seems like a slow decline with perhaps more attention going to the BA to the detriment of the AHA. I'm not sure what my regional reps do. They don't seem to add any AHA member discounts at breweries and brewpubs. I don't even know who they are to be honest because they don't seem to organize anything (or at least promote it if they do). But it all starts at the top. When I've emailed the AHA about correcting member discount listings or removing places that closed years ago I don't get a response and the listings never change. I doubt the "nominate" button to suggest the AHA approach a brewery about adding a discount goes anywhere. Sorry for the rant, but I love the hobby and it's sad to think it maybe isn't getting the attention it deserves from this organization when homebrewing gave birth to so many iconic breweries in the country and created a craft beer movement that is now global in scale.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: AHA Rallies - do they exist anymore? And are we dinosaurs?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2023, 01:54:25 pm »
Nope. They stopped over 5 years ago. There was no payback to them in terms of increased membership.  BTW, AHA GC members are not regional reps.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 11:59:20 am by dbeechum »
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell