Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Charlie Papazian Live Webinar Jan 25 at 5PM EST  (Read 1830 times)

Offline POPTOP

• 1st Kit
    • GourmetBrewing
Charlie Papazian Live Webinar Jan 25 at 5PM EST
« on: January 12, 2023, 06:38:45 am »
Hey has everyone seen that Charlie Papazian will be doing a live Webinar on Jan 25 at 5 PM EST? Here's the registration link: https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/zymurgy-live/why-we-and-charlie-homebrew/ Chrispy Frey will be the moderator for the live event. I know it will be great fun ...spread the word!
Doug Piper
Gourmet Brewing, Certified Cicerone
BJCP Certified Beer and Mead & Cider Judge
AHA Governing Committee

Offline brewthru

• Brewer
Re: Charlie Papazian Live Webinar Jan 25 at 5PM EST
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 01:59:21 pm »
Unfortunately, it seems, we must create ANOTHER ACCOUNT and PASSWORD to view this item!

Offline Amy Martin

• 1st Kit
  • Ninkasi is my muse.
    • Polka Dots & Pints Instagram
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 08:43:36 am »
I'm really looking forward to this! I know every part will be great, but I'm especially looking forward to this part in the description: "with so many world-class craft beers available, he will share why homebrewing remains a relevant and satisfying activity." I mean, I know why homebrewing is the best, but I can't wait to share what he says with others who don't yet "get it."
Amy Martin
AHA Governing Committee Vice Chair
Michigan

"God made yeast, as well as dough, and loves fermentation just as dearly as he loves vegetation." – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Want to connect? Find me on Instagram: @polkadots_pints

Offline Skeeter686

• Cellarman
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 03:48:38 pm »

I'm especially looking forward to this part in the description: "with so many world-class craft beers available, he will share why homebrewing remains a relevant and satisfying activity." I mean, I know why homebrewing is the best, but I can't wait to share what he says with others who don't yet "get it."

I already have a bunch of reasons to share with those who don't get it.  But I still want to hear what Charlie has to say!

Sent from my SM-X700 using Tapatalk

Offline jherzjherz

• Administrator
  • Assistant Brewer
  • Julia Herz
    • American Homebrewers Association
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2023, 07:31:11 pm »
Unfortunately, it seems, we must create ANOTHER ACCOUNT and PASSWORD to view this item!

Hello and please reach out on how we might be able to help. https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/contact-us/
JULIA HERZ
Executive Director
American Homebrewers Association | Boulder, CO 80302

Offline brewthru

• Brewer
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 01:33:44 pm »

Hello and please reach out on how we might be able to help. https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/contact-us/

Why are we not able to access using our AHA credentials?

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2023, 01:40:51 pm »
Quote from: brewthru link=topic=39292.msg483364#msg483364 datu ie=1673557161

I assume because it's not an AHA event. It's run by Gourmet Brewing
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline jherzjherz

• Administrator
  • Assistant Brewer
  • Julia Herz
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2023, 01:49:22 pm »

------------------------------
Hello and this is officially an AHA event and our first of the new Zymurgy Live https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/presentations/zymurgy-live/ webinar series for AHA members.

No way to tell about account login issues. Usually, in less than 5 minutes we can get you set. Could be a browser, could be old password (need to reset since August 22 account management system update), or a variety of other reasons. Please reach out. We're here to help!
JULIA HERZ
Executive Director

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2023, 03:09:48 pm »

------------------------------
Hello and this is officially an AHA event and our first of the new Zymurgy Live https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/presentations/zymurgy-live/ webinar series for AHA members.

No way to tell about account login issues. Usually, in less than 5 minutes we can get you set. Could be a browser, could be old password (need to reset since August 22 account management system update), or a variety of other reasons. Please reach out. We're here to help!

Thank you for the correction

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Skeeter686

• Cellarman
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2023, 06:14:11 pm »

I believe it's because AHA is using a different platform for this event.  I think it's the crowdcast platform that is requiring the login.  It's not trivial to host a live, interactive event of this nature, so AHA is using an existing, third party platform to support the technology requirements for the event.  In the end, it's a lot cheaper and easier than buying / building (and subsequently maintaining) the system, yourself. 

Technology... sometimes it's amazing and sometimes it's a PITA.

Offline jherzjherz

• Administrator
  • Assistant Brewer
  • Julia Herz
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2023, 08:21:41 pm »

I believe it's because AHA is using a different platform for this event.  I think it's the crowdcast platform that is requiring the login.  It's not trivial to host a live, interactive event of this nature, so AHA is using an existing, third party platform to support the technology requirements for the event.  In the end, it's a lot cheaper and easier than buying / building (and subsequently maintaining) the system, yourself. 

What Skeeter686 said! And yes it's Crowdcast of which we will be using for all 2023 Zymurgy Live webinars.

I hope you join us.
JULIA HERZ
Executive Director

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2023, 10:56:48 am »

I just went thru modem and router issues at home. I couldn’t agree more.

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2023, 01:36:49 pm »

+2 My wife is nearly done making a new website and online store using wordpress as she is a self employed artist. It's going to be a big improvement and help her business, that's the amazing part, but you should hear the language coming out of her while she is doing the work on the site, you would think there was a sailor in that room.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2023, 03:46:06 pm »

+2 My wife is nearly done making a new website and online store using wordpress as she is a self employed artist. It's going to be a big improvement and help her business, that's the amazing part, but you should hear the language coming out of her while she is doing the work on the site, you would think there was a sailor in that room.

Drew has been migrating EB to a new host.  Good thing he's an IT demigod.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline jherzjherz

• Administrator
  • Assistant Brewer
  • Julia Herz
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2023, 02:53:13 pm »

What Skeeter686 said! And yes it's Crowdcast of which we will be using for all 2023 Zymurgy Live webinars.

There is also an expectation that one can access membership content from a single login. 

Can AHA work with Crowdcast to make this happen?  I'm aware of other services that can do this (provide access to content they host without needing a service specific additional login).

Hi BrewnWKopperKat I admire you 'pie in the sky' wish (especially appropriate to mention pie when talking about Charlie and his Zymurgy Live). For the live webinars the Crowdcast platform is what will be used and does require access via their platform. However, members can watch recordings without having to log into Crowdcast. Each Zymurgy Live will have recording links published here https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/presentations/zymurgy-live/. Cheers.
JULIA HERZ
Executive Director