Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Promash?  (Read 1667 times)

Offline brewthru

• Brewer
Re: Promash?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2023, 03:49:51 pm »
Unfortunately, ProMash seems dead. I was able to run in a Windows 7 VM (used the free VMware Workstation).

However, I've now moved onto BeerSmith. IMO, BeerSmith is far better than ProMash.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2023, 03:51:43 pm »
Unfortunately, ProMash seems dead. I was able to run in a Windows 7 VM (used the free VMware Workstation).

However, I've now moved onto BeerSmith. IMO, BeerSmith is far better than ProMash.

I run PM on both Win 7 & 10, no problem.  Nothing special. I've always preferred it to Beersmith, and now I pfreer Grainfather software to either.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline brewthru

• Brewer
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2023, 04:02:29 pm »
Going by memory with the following. I may be incorrectly remembering as it's been a while since I used ProMash. I don't believe ProMash is so equipment dependent as BS.

I will admit, when I was using ProMash, early 1990's, I really didn't know what I was doing. I look at my brewing notes from that time and now think “What was I thinking!”.

I copied the 3 ProMash 3.5 floppies onto a USB drive and still the ProMash patch/update in case I ever need it.

Offline 4dogbrewer

• Cellarman
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2023, 04:52:28 am »
I use it on Windows 11. It has a couple of minor glitches but nothing big. I basically brew one or two styles of beer and use it to keep a log of how the brews are going. I do the same with my online blog so when my computer crashes like in the past, I have brew sessions to go by.

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2023, 07:47:07 pm »

I run PM on both Win 7 & 10, no problem.  Nothing special. I've always preferred it to Beersmith, and now I pfreer Grainfather software to either.
I still use it on WIN XP in VM. As you have said it still works great.
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com