Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Kegmenter  (Read 493 times)

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
Kegmenter
« on: January 29, 2023, 12:03:04 pm »
I've been fermenting in 10 gallon corny kegs since circa 2008, but I just picked up one of these 7.6 gallon kegmenters.  This is my first fermentation, but it seems to be going well so far.  I replaced the stock floating dip tube with a corny keg one that I trimmed down to rest about a half inch off the bottom.  I'm hoping to hit 30 psi to carbonate this Saison.

Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline waltsmalt

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Kegmenter
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 06:00:50 am »
I have a 16 gallon keg that I had a corner lid welded onto that I ferment in similar to the Kegmenter.  I have been using it for a while.   Outside of harvesting yeast, I can't think of a really good reason to move to a conical (well, outside it would look really cool in my brewery).  I've often thought about buying the larger Kegmenter to have a second fermenter, but I would need more fermentation chamber space.   

I've thought about using a floating dip tube in mine, but I find that if I hook up a picnic tap and pour off about 12-16 ounces of yeast/beer that I transfer perfectly clear beer.  I've already worried that the floating dip tube would/could get clogged during fermentation.  Mainly, what I have been doing works fine so I haven't seen a need to change.