Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: This sux: Michigan brewery may never recover from 'malicious' act of vandalism  (Read 752 times)

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
What the hell is wrong with people?
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Skeeter686

• Cellarman
I assumed it was a gang of angry old tea totalers, but it says this was just three stupid teens???  This is one of the reasons I drink.  (Well, OK... I really like beer, but whatever.)

Sent from my SM-X700 using Tapatalk

Offline Semper Sitientem

• Assistant Brewer
There’s a certain percentage of the population on the left side of the bell curve that are jackasses. Hopefully, they had builder’s risk insurance.
Confidunt in cervisia nobis

Scientists believe that the universe is made of hydrogen, because they claim it’s the most plentiful ingredient. I claim that the most plentiful ingredient is stupidity. - Frank Zappa

Offline dmtaylor

• Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
Damned kids.  Maybe if Mommy and Daddy would have loved them, this wouldn't happen.
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
Golf clubs don’t smash windows, people do.
With golf clubs.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline joe_meadmaker

• Brewer
Very sad to see something like this happen.

I'm not connected to this brewery in any way.  Just passing this on because I saw it when searching about this event.  They have a GoFundMe set up for the brewery: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-ryan-long-and-dirtbag-brewery.

Offline BrewingRover

• Brewmaster
  • Brewing in Flossmoor, IL
There’s a certain percentage of the population on the left side of the bell curve that are jackasses. Hopefully, they had builder’s risk insurance.

Nope, I guess he was flagged as a bad risk because he'd been broken into before
https://www.wzzm13.com/article/news/crime/business-owner-left-in-shock-after-teenage-vandals-cause-200000-in-damage-to-his-property/69-ab56498c-49b5-4ddb-82e1-4e31f8fdef75
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Offline Ron756

• Assistant Brewer
  • Submarines once, Submarines Twice....
I saw this article too, heartbreaking.  Parents still have a responsibility for their kids, there was a time when if you did stuff like this, your parents would be embarrassed and you (or say hypothetically a youthful me) would get "my comeuppance" as my grandmother said.  (-for the record I never maliciously damaged personal property, but I may have had a pretty good collection of street name signs during my misspent youth)

If you start holding parents accountable for their kids stupidity, (financially, civic clean-up duty...) a lot of this kind of stupid would stop.