Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Sorry Guest, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is set to expire October 13, 2024, 08:19:18 am.

Author Topic: May be selling some or all of my equipment.  (Read 2738 times)

Offline dean

• Brewmaster
  • Me and Hayden, my newest grandson.
May be selling some or all of my equipment.
« on: September 20, 2010, 06:16:16 am »
I haven't decided yet.  I've been in the hospitol for over a week now with diverticulitis which turned asbsessed.  I haven't eaten since I was admitted either, just ice chips the last couple of days now.  So anyway, if you're interested get in touch with me.   My diet has to change and I'm not sure I'll want to drink anymore either, I haven't smoked since I was admitted either so thats another good thing.

Well I've only got so many minutes on here so I've got to go.  I'll try to check my pm box everyday when I take my walks.

Dean

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: May be selling some or all of my equipment.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 10:11:22 am »
Sorry to hear of this news Dean.  I hope you are feeling better.  Get well soon.
Ron Price

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 10:40:39 am »
That sucks about the diverticulitis. Scary. Had a bout with it recently myself but a diet of thin bean soup and beer cleared it up and the pain is gone now. Taking in more fiber and no longer in a hurry to take a dump if you know what I mean.  ;)

Don't make any rash decisions Dean, but quitting drinking probably wouldn't hurt if you're making major life changes. I'm sure a CT guided abscess drainage wasn't any fun if they performed it. No one would be eager to undergo that twice.

Good luck!
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 12:24:21 pm »
Sorry to hear about this.  Take care of yourself Dean, but beer might fit in with a new high-fiber diet once you are past this latest bit.  Talk to your doctor, you might only need to cut back (or not) as opposed to quitting altogether.  Remember, moderate drinkers live longer than both heavy and non-drinkers in general. :)  YMMV.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 12:32:33 pm »
Sorry to hear about your ailments buddy. Drink liquor and kill the evil in your belly.

Don't sell just yet. maybe things will out for you.
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 02:33:41 pm »
Sorry to hear about this.  Like others have said, don't rush to sell your gear.  My Mom has had Divie for decades.  You can control it with diet and meds.  Talk to your doctor before making the decision to sell.

Good luck, get better.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline chezteth

• Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 04:33:28 pm »
Hope you feel better soon.  I will echo the "don't sell your gear yet".  It would be a bummer if you sold your equipment only to find out you can handle drinking occasionally.