Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Session Mead  (Read 2214 times)

Offline brewthru

• Brewer
Re: Session Mead
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2024, 02:36:01 pm »
IMO, very helpful topic! Was wondering about a "session" mead as I've had enough of the "high octane" versions.
Yea, it is something that hadn't been on my radar until the last year or two. I had always had mead compartmentalized in my mind as "wine" and only drank it when with meals or when I was in the mood for wine. It drinks like cider and is great to have on tap. It also is a cinch to make and on the same time frame as beer as opposed to the months for wine strength mead. FWIW its lower in calories and carbs than a similar abv beer and therefore less filling.
I got a lot of encourangement and advice from Matt Chrispen, who has been involved in meaderies in Texas and is sometimes on this forum. He was especially helpful with my confidence that it could be fully clear and mature very quickly.

I need to make!

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
Re: Session Mead
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2024, 12:07:25 pm »
IMO, very helpful topic! Was wondering about a "session" mead as I've had enough of the "high octane" versions.
Yea, it is something that hadn't been on my radar until the last year or two. I had always had mead compartmentalized in my mind as "wine" and only drank it when with meals or when I was in the mood for wine. It drinks like cider and is great to have on tap. It also is a cinch to make and on the same time frame as beer as opposed to the months for wine strength mead. FWIW its lower in calories and carbs than a similar abv beer and therefore less filling.
I got a lot of encourangement and advice from Matt Chrispen, who has been involved in meaderies in Texas and is sometimes on this forum. He was especially helpful with my confidence that it could be fully clear and mature very quickly.

I need to make!
Because it is so easy and good and it drinks so well I am getting addicted. I have a spiced elderberry session mead brewing now.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.