Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Refrigerator Surprise  (Read 1936 times)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Refrigerator Surprise
« on: October 01, 2010, 02:12:35 am »
Casting about in the fridge and found: A Rogue Shakespeare Stout. Lovely surprise at 3am. Forgotten anything lately?  ::) This is one fine brew.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
Re: Refrigerator Surprise
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 02:30:17 am »
Too funny euge!  I just found 6 Old Sol and 6 Old Wooly.  Both from Big Time, last years wooly and this year's sol.  It's fun to find stuff when you "lose" it in storage.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 09:02:50 am »
Too funny euge!  I just found 6 Old Sol and 6 Old Wooly.  Both from Big Time, last years wooly and this year's sol.  It's fun to find stuff when you "lose" it in storage.

Hopefully with all my new kegs, I can "lose" soemthing too.  LOL.

Offline 6thstreet

• Cellarman
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 11:01:56 am »
Just found one of my three year old Raspberry Lambics in the back of the beer fridge.  Now I have to decide whetther to drink it while brewing tonight or hide it again.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 11:03:18 am »
Just found one of my three year old Raspberry Lambics in the back of the beer fridge.  Now I have to decide whetther to drink it while brewing tonight or hide it again.

Drink it... You know you want to!
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 12:43:46 pm »
A few years ago I brewed a 10 gallon batch of crappy beer so I turned one keg of it into malt vinegar and forgot all about the other keg.  About a year later I was checking tags on the kegs in my beer fridge and found the second keg from that bad batch.  A year of lagering turned it into one of my best beers ever.  I was glad  I tasted it before I poured it out.
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline monomer77

• Cellarman
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 08:04:58 pm »
Anything I want to store I put in my parents basement. My old man's beer world starts and ends with Miller High Life, so it's safe. Sometimes I find some cool stuff when I'm nosing around down there.