Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Cellar Science Products  (Read 2181 times)

Offline Iliff Ave

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Cellar Science Products
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2023, 02:20:41 pm »
I wish they would carry Bry-97. They carry nearly all other Lallemand yeasts.

PS. I emailed them to ask about it.
Yeah I've pretty much switched over to Lallemand. I personally can use 97 and 05 interchangeably however I understand that may others prefer 97
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2023, 02:30:07 pm »

Yeah I've pretty much switched over to Lallemand. I personally can use 97 and 05 interchangeably however I understand that may others prefer 97
I got a response from RiteBrew. He said he will add Bry-97 to see if it sells. He said it didn’t sell well before. He said it will be in stock in 2-3 weeks.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2023, 03:01:54 pm »

I got a response from RiteBrew. He said he will add Bry-97 to see if it sells. He said it didn’t sell well before. He said it will be in stock in 2-3 weeks.

Excellent. I did order some lager yeast from then. My ale brewing season will be coming up towards summer.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline BrewBama

Cellar Science Products
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2023, 08:26:00 am »
A while back I tried the Cellar Science English yeast strain and I recall a slow start.

Well, I pitched yesterday about 9:30-10:00 and here it is nearly 24 hrs later and I got nothing. The temp did increase by a degree or two but that’s it. I usually see a coorespnding gravity drop soon after a slight temp increase when using other yeasts.

I have a pet peeve with slow starting yeast. I am about done with Cellar Science and plan to stick with Lalleman or Fermentis.

Edit:  I gave up on the Cellar Science English strain after 27+ hrs. I pitched a PurePitch Pack of WLP001 which is remarkable in that the old axiom is to keep dry yeast on hand in case of emergency. This time, I used liquid yeast due to dry yeast failure which is a first ever for me.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 01:21:04 pm by BrewBama »

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2023, 07:21:44 am »
I used their Cali in two single hop batches I made.  I have one in the fermenter now.  It has been in there about 12 hours and very little activity, but I seem to remember that it was closer to 24 hours before it started really going. I use it, S05 and Bry97 as they seem to work the best.  Next up I am going to try something in the Pils or Lager style and see what happens. 

Offline saaz amore

• Cellarman
  • When your beer has a smell like a Pilsner Urquell
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2023, 04:59:45 pm »
I've been using Silafine for the past couple of months.  It works pretty well.

I've been using it for over a year (bought the 32-ounce size) and am quite pleased with it.