Hello everyone in American Homebrewers Association Forum land. I'm here to say we have a LOT of great advocacy, programs, events and resources in the mix on behalf of homebrewers. Here is a summary of just a few:
- April 25 Zymurgy Live with Ken Grossman - You read that right. Free and exclusive for AHA members register here https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/presentations/zymurgy-live/ and join Ken as he talks about why homebrewing led to Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and so much more.
- May 1 Early Bird deadline ends for June 22-24 Homebrew Con, San Diego - Fermentation vacation time or call it a work trip. Either way we check the box. 2023 marks the 45th year as the world’s most robust homebrew gathering and competition to host amateur and pro brewers, judge several thousand beers in concert with Beer Judge Certification Program leadership, and attract the world’s leading homebrew and beer educators. Register here https://www.homebrewcon.org/. We're even planning a meet up for AHA Forum peeps. Also new this year is an Industry Coalition Meeting and a Homebrew Club Officer Bootcamp.
- May 5 deadline 2023 Radagast Club of the Year Award - Enter your homebrew club to win $1,000 ($500 to the club and $500 donated to a charity of the clubs’ choice). Go here https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/homebrew-clubs/radegast-club-of-the-year/ and thank you Yakima Chief for helping make this annual award possible.
- May 5 deadline 2023 Homebrew Shop of the Year Award - Homebrew Shop of the Year Award nomination process is open until May 5. Homebrew Shop of the Year 2023 sponsor BSG Handcraft will select one random person who nominates the winning Homebrew Shop to receive a $1,000 gift certificate to that shop. The winning shop will also receive a pallet of Rahr- 2 Row Malt courtesy of BSG Handcraft. Nominate here https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/news/homebrew-shop-year-award/
- May 6 Big Brew - Speaking of Sierra Nevada and in honor of National Homebrew Day (declared by U.S. Congress!), 2023 Big Brew features Nearly Nirvana Pale Ale, a clone pale ale recipe by AHA Governing Committee member Crispy Frey. Brew it now, on May 6 or anytime of the year. All the deets and your custom bottle label are here. https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/aha-events/big-brew-national-homebrew-day/
- May/June Zymurgy - Our latest issue just published. Have you been reading Zym lately? It's off the charts good. Digital version here https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/zymurgy-magazine/may-june-2023/ and or print version mailed to those who subscribe.
As always here is a link to the AHA What's Brewing Newsletter https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/newsletter-signup/
for the latest on all things AHA and we hope you join us as a member too.