Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: It will take some time...  (Read 4322 times)

Offline mrbowenz

• Assistant Brewer
It will take some time...
« on: November 19, 2009, 03:37:21 am »
Great new forum , thank you AHA folks who put this together ! 8)

I think it will take some time before we see the crowds of regular posters and contributions of many different brewers here. I recognize quite a few NB folks here as there was a bit of a shake up over there recently ( thinking that's was fortunate for a quick start here) , I was a regular lurker over there but rarely posted much, my own club has an excellent forum www.lvhb.org but that's fairly club oriented. Then ,I still love HBT , that's a roubust forum , not many wankers on that site , but I credit the mods for running an excellent community . I am really excited to be here from the begining , but people will need some time and a push to join us, I am sure the AHA has their marketing plans and ideas in place, but just be patient, this will be the best forum out there. The added attraction is the AHA itself , brewers should be members , I pay a membership just to post on HBT , not sugguesting we do the same here, but everyone should be a member of the AHA , and I am sure the AHA could use some new members right now .so..... raise a toast or lift a pint  for the birth of our own online community , now go tell a friend !
Brewing up history

Offline Kaiser

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Imperial Brewing Geek
    • braukaiser.com
Re: It will take some time...
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 07:25:28 am »
What we need are users who have questions. Many of the folks I see on here are very knowledgeable but not necessarily asking the questions that lead to the informative threads we had on other forums. And you are right, that will take time.

Kai

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 07:30:03 am »
Good point - we only have two posts in the Extract/PM section!!! Usually the E/PM sections are the most active.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 07:44:31 am »
What we need are users who have questions. Many of the folks I see on here are very knowledgeable but not necessarily asking the questions that lead to the informative threads we had on other forums. And you are right, that will take time.

Kai

I think the informative threads will pick-up in proportion to our membership growth.

I also think this forum will grow and eventually be the largest community of homebrewers on the planet...but it will take time.

Cheers!  8)
Ron Price

Offline mrbowenz

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 07:51:25 am »
What we need are users who have questions. Many of the folks I see on here are very knowledgeable but not necessarily asking the questions that lead to the informative threads we had on other forums. Kai

That's cause most of the highly intelligent brewers are all here now  ..... :D ;D ;D ;) , just kidding of course , there's never a day that you can't learn something new about brewing , that's what's so addictive .
Brewing up history

Offline Kaiser

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Imperial Brewing Geek
    • braukaiser.com
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 09:24:53 am »
It also takes a while until Google starts putting hits in this forum on page 1.

Kai

Offline slimsparty

• Assistant Brewer
  • 1882 Brewery
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 09:40:39 am »
oh fear not. I am hoping Santa brings me a kegerator. 

Then I'll be rambling off the questions...

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 10:47:14 am »
This board has only been up about 3 weeks and we have a little over 900 members so far.  Not too bad!  Give it time...
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Kaiser

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Imperial Brewing Geek
    • braukaiser.com
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 05:29:46 pm »
I wonder if enough people know that you don't have to be a member to join here. I'm writing this after I noticed a banner on the very top of the forum page that reads "welcome to the home of the AHA membership".

Kai

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 11:08:13 am »
I wonder if enough people know that you don't have to be a member to join here. I'm writing this after I noticed a banner on the very top of the forum page that reads "welcome to the home of the AHA membership".

Kai

Hopefully, people will try to sign up and realize that while this may be the home of the AHA membership, you don't have to be an AHA member to be a forum member.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Kaiser

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Imperial Brewing Geek
    • braukaiser.com
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 12:13:15 pm »
I saw the change in the banner text. Nice :)

Kai

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 12:20:07 pm »
It's good being an admin!  :)

www.dennybrew.com

Offline bonjour

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Troy, MI, 37mi, 60.9deg AR
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 05:54:27 pm »
 :)  nice
Fred Bonjour
Co-Chair Mashing in Michigan 2014 AHA Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan
AHA Governing Committee; AHA Conference, Club Support & Web Subcommittees

Everything under 1.100 is a 'session' beer ;)

boulderbrewer

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2009, 08:24:55 pm »
The text is in the Banner, I guess you need to shorten it a bit.