Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Dry Yeast for Vienna Lager  (Read 1319 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Dry Yeast for Vienna Lager
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2023, 09:20:20 am »
another nod to diamond dry yeast as well. Its a wonderful lager yeast

It's great, but for certain styles there are others I find better

ferments crisp, clean and clears faster than other dry lager yeasts and lets the ingredients shine through. I cant imagine what more I'd want from a lager yeast.

For a certain type of lager, exactly. For other types, there are others I prefer. Have you tried S189 for something like a maibock?
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Cliffs

• Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2023, 12:54:16 pm »

ferments crisp, clean and clears faster than other dry lager yeasts and lets the ingredients shine through. I cant imagine what more I'd want from a lager yeast.

For a certain type of lager, exactly. For other types, there are others I prefer. Have you tried S189 for something like a maibock?

I havent but I will do so next time. TBH Im so happy with diamond that I've just been using that

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2023, 01:48:47 pm »

I havent but I will do so next time. TBH Im so happy with diamond that I've just been using that

I love Diamond, but for certain styles I feel there are better choices
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell