Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Alternatives to Köln dry yeast?  (Read 1695 times)

Offline House Of Ales

• Cellarman
Re: Alternatives to Köln dry yeast?
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2023, 08:40:02 pm »
I’ll be brewing a Kolsch this coming weekend using the Koln. I have had good results with all of Lallemand yeasts that I have used. When I can’t get Koln anymore, I’ll have to use something else. I know there are plenty of options.

Offline Iliff Ave

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2023, 09:18:40 am »
I’ll be brewing a Kolsch this coming weekend using the Koln. I have had good results with all of Lallemand yeasts that I have used. When I can’t get Koln anymore, I’ll have to use something else. I know there are plenty of options.
Please let me know what other options are out there for dry yeast. I have yet to find any that are comparable to koln.
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2023, 08:51:07 am »
Time to find a shop that still has some and stock up?
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline House Of Ales

• Cellarman
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2023, 09:09:54 am »
Please let me know what other options are out there for dry yeast. I have yet to find any that are comparable to koln.

I can’t give you any options. I used the wrong word. I don’t know that there are plenty of options. I should have said I’m guessing there are plenty of options. Sorry.

Offline Red over White

• Cellarman
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2023, 04:00:12 pm »

I can’t give you any options. I used the wrong word. I don’t know that there are plenty of options. I should have said I’m guessing there are plenty of options. Sorry.

While not exactly the same, MJ 54 is quite similar to Köln in my experience.

Offline House Of Ales

• Cellarman
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2023, 08:06:55 pm »
I might have to give MJ54 a try.