Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Good Evening  (Read 636 times)

Offline HEUBrewer

• Cellarman
Re: Good Evening
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2024, 07:15:39 pm »
Always wanted a beer engine. Will have to save up for it cause they are a little costly.
I waited a number of years before I got my double engine.  That said I wish I did it sooner.   I don’t have any other draft beer setup.   I did the Sanyo fridge conversion, don’t think they make those anymore, and can put 2 cornies in my fridge.   I prime all my beers with 1/4 cup of table sugar condition at basement temps for about a week venting 1/day after the 3rd day to remove excess co2. Put in my fridge after day 5 or so and serve after a couple of days venting prior to serving.   The first couple of pints are “self pouring” and I still vent daily for almost another week.  After that I only vent prior to serving and connect my cask breather after the 3rd or 4 th session.  When I say vent I merely pull the relief valve to allow the excess co2 to escape then release the valve.  Releasing the valve is sort of like “hard spiling”    I don’t allow air in contact with the beer so it has a long shelf life.  The beer is changing but not due to contact with air.  I also switched to a floating weighted dip tube (cask widge) that was well worth it as I don’t have yeast sediment ever.  Long response but I thoroughly enjoy this method of dispense. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 07:17:54 pm by HEUBrewer »

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2024, 09:44:09 am »
Great to see such a set up.  I, also, brew bitters frequently.  Rarely over OG of 1.040, but served from keg at low psi.  I consider it a nice treat to have cask pulled bitters when I go to a local brewpub that usually has one on tap (an ESB typically).  Cheers!
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline HEUBrewer

• Cellarman
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2024, 10:07:05 am »
Great to see such a set up.  I, also, brew bitters frequently.  Rarely over OG of 1.040, but served from keg at low psi.  I consider it a nice treat to have cask pulled bitters when I go to a local brewpub that usually has one on tap (an ESB typically).  Cheers!
For a number of years I have really been brewing with UK malt.  Floor malted MO or Golden Promise, US hops, and UK yeast. 1968 or equivalent, 1469, or Ringwood.   Wonderful
combination esp at these low(er) OG IMO.  I just can’t get enough of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2024, 02:37:40 pm »
Welcome!  Great beer engine setup!
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club