Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Sausage  (Read 87552 times)

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
Re: Sausage
« Reply #180 on: July 07, 2012, 12:35:48 pm »
There is a NT about 20 miles from here. I have bought a lot of things there including a 8 x 12 trailer. They have good stuff for the price. I will be visiting to investigate the stuffer. Thanks.....
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #181 on: July 15, 2012, 02:26:24 pm »
Well, well, well.

Tubercle was reading the paper this morning and what gift did the sausage gods bring? A $20 off cupon from Northern Tool.

The Tubercle is now the proud owner of of a 5lb verticle stuffer. ;D

Also ran by Academy Sports and picked up some natural hog casings. Made my last batch of bratwurst with the collegen ones but didn't care for them too much. >:(

Its on now....
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #182 on: July 15, 2012, 03:30:31 pm »
Its on now....
I've been making about one batch a week since I started posting about it and see no reason to stop. What it boils down to is that sausage is the perfect meat delivery system. :D
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #183 on: July 15, 2012, 04:27:43 pm »
Well, well, well.

Tubercle was reading the paper this morning and what gift did the sausage gods bring? A $20 off cupon from Northern Tool.

The Tubercle is now the proud owner of of a 5lb verticle stuffer. ;D

Also ran by Academy Sports and picked up some natural hog casings. Made my last batch of bratwurst with the collegen ones but didn't care for them too much. >:(

Its on now....

Nice. As soon as I can get this BRD under control  8), a vertical stuffer is next...
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline 1vertical

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Ozone Layer. Actual location
« Reply #184 on: July 15, 2012, 04:51:16 pm »
Well, well, well.
  5lb verticle stuffer.
Its on now....
You ain't stuffin me with 5 lbs of anything!!!   ;D
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #185 on: July 15, 2012, 06:05:57 pm »
Well, well, well.
  5lb verticle stuffer.
Its on now....
You ain't stuffin me with 5 lbs of anything!!!   ;D

5lb verticle stuffer does sound like something that could cause leg cramps after a few minutes ;D ;D ;D

Maybe we should start calling them meat injectors casing stuffers something else to keep our minds on track so the thread doesn't get locked ::)

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #186 on: July 16, 2012, 01:34:33 am »
Mechanized piston-based protein portability enabler
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #187 on: July 17, 2012, 07:25:54 pm »
Made bratwurst with my new Mechanized piston-based protein portability enabler (MPBPPE) and natural casings.

Oh! Yes.

Anyone that has any idea that they may make sausage one day go ahead and get a MPBPPE.

Yes, you can stuff sausage with out it. You can also crush barley with a rock....js.

Offline 1vertical

« Reply #188 on: July 17, 2012, 10:32:31 pm »
Made bratwurst with my new Mechanized piston-based non horizontally oriented  protein portability enabler (MPBPPE)MPBPNHOPPE and natural casings.

Oh! Yes.

Anyone that has any idea that they may make sausage one day go ahead and get a MPBPNHOPPE.

Yes, you can stuff sausage with out it. You can also crush barley with a rock....js.
There fixed it fer ya
I would like to think that ah had sumthin to do with that.  ::)  :o
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:12:02 pm by 1vertical »

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #189 on: July 17, 2012, 11:18:35 pm »
Made bratwurst with my new Mechanized piston-based non horizontally oriented  protein portability enabler (MPBPPE)MPBPNHOPPE and natural casings.

Oh! Yes.

Anyone that has any idea that they may make sausage one day go ahead and get a MPBPNHOPPE.

There fixed it fer ya
I would like to think that ah had sumthin to do with that.  ::)  :o

Thanks 1v :D I can always count on you. BTW...here is the spice mix I used for the brats. Could used a little more heat next time and maybe some bay leaf.

5 lb batch
1-tbsp ground coriander
1-tbsp ground sage
1-tsp paprika
1-tsp cayenne pepper
2-tsp dried rosemary
1-tbsp dry mustard
1-tsp pepper
1-tsp nutmeg
4-tsp salt

Offline euge

• I must live here
« Reply #190 on: July 17, 2012, 11:44:30 pm »
I have not made brats yet even though they are a favorite. Did you make an emulsified forcemeat? A little intimidating to do...
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline 1vertical

« Reply #191 on: July 17, 2012, 11:50:38 pm »
I have not made brats yet even though they are a favorite. Did you make an emulsified forcemeat? A little intimidating to do...
now yer gonna get this thread locked

Offline euge

• I must live here
« Reply #192 on: July 17, 2012, 11:52:48 pm »
now yer gonna get this thread locked

If cap ain't gonna post someone's got to do it. ;)

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #193 on: July 18, 2012, 03:50:25 am »
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #194 on: July 18, 2012, 06:24:46 pm »

I don't think I did the emulsified forcemeat thing. I ground through the medimum plate , made a slurry of the spices and water, and mixed by hand for about 5 minutes. I ended up adding about a cup and a half of water during the mixing until it "looked right".

Blanched for about 10 minutes before frying in olive oil.