General Category > General Homebrew Discussion

Line cleaning...

(1/3) > >>

lonnie mac:
Man, it was a great day! It took almost all day but I stripped Pub Phun of every single beer line and beer tap, co2 manifold and all, and spent the whole day cleaning and recirculating beer line cleaner through it all... I don't do this often enough and man, the gunk can build up.

So I just got done, reinstalled everything, lines look like brand new! I plug in the lines, plug in the co2 lines, turn it all on,,, close the bar top. A GREAT day! Feels great to be clean.

Then I noticed all the beer shooting straight at my wall! :)

Yep. My taps were soaking in the kitchen sink...

Done it again. It is hell being mostly deaf!

halenrush:
Could be worse.  My buddy texted me the other day.  He came home from out of town to find 4 out of 5 gallons had leaked from his secondary.  He didn't tighten down the spigot in the bucket good enough.  He ferments in a wine fridge in his living room.  He was so pissed he trashed the rest of it.  I said, "Dude!  That was still a gallon!  And some yeast you could have saved!"

lonnie mac:
Ah yes, been there too. In fact to start off my day today, I found 2 gallons of Berliner Weisse in the bottom of the bar. Trying to forget that part!

lonnie mac:
Man, the day never ends! So here it is, roughly 7 or so hours after my original post here... Almost ready for bed. So I go and get a small tap of my Janet's brown just to make sure everything is cool you know after all the cleaning... Nothing... I mean not a drop. I open the bar, all is well. Everything is hooked up just fine to the keg and co2 turned on... Close the bar, pull, and still nothing.

Then I see the thermocouple for my controller hanging outside of the kegerator on the floor just where I left it this morning! I never placed it back into the kegerator!

I am Lonnie Mac. And I am stupid!

Beer lines should thaw by morn...

a10t2:
Look at it this way: you spent most of a day playing with your beer toys - how bad could it be?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version