Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Time to celebrate  (Read 2033 times)

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
Time to celebrate
« on: November 01, 2010, 03:39:20 pm »
I've got to drink something special tonight.  Besides being payday, our company just won a lawsuit against us.  The troll wanted 39 million dollars, $39,000,000 for copyright infringement on software he wrote while employed by us 17 years ago.  We won the lawsuit, and the first appeal, now on the verge of starting the second appeal the other side dropped it.  2 years and a large fortune later it isn't hanging over our heads.  WooHoo, gonna celebrate tonight.
Unfortunately my boss, the owner of the company didn't live long enough to see this, he died 2 months ago.  But I may drink a Budweiser in his honor.
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
Re: Time to celebrate
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 05:47:24 pm »
Knuckles here dude! Drink the Bud first, then use your good beer to get the taste outta your mouth.
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 06:02:44 pm »
I can't make myself drink the Bud-I'll enshrine it in his honor instead since he left it here at our last party just before he died.  But I've got some Chimay Blue for tonight.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 06:13:17 pm by corkybstewart »

Offline Mikey

• Brewer
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 06:24:27 pm »
Sorry to hear about your boss. Raising a pint to him right now. Cheers.

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 07:05:02 pm »
Cheers mate, glad to hear your company is still in a good position.  And RIP to the boss!  Sounds like a good excuse to fetch a pint...not that I particularly needed such an excuse...

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 10:18:03 pm »
Congrats!
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 10:42:35 pm »
I went to work for John in 1981, we were best friends even for the years I didn't work for him.  And the lawsuit really took it's toll on him, especially since we knew it was totally bogus from the start.  But the wheels of justice grind slowly in this country, crushing everything as they turn.  Winning cost a million dollars and a great man's death, I'm sure the stress helped kill him especially since the troll threatened to appeal for the next 3 years unless we settled and paid him big bucks.
I'm drinking Traippsts tonight, had my Chimay Blue and then hit the cellar  for some Rochefort 8 and Westmalle Dubbels I put in the cellar just before this sh*t started back in 2008.
Good night all

Offline BrewArk

• Brewmaster
  • Rick - Newark, California
    • BrewArk
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 10:47:32 pm »
I saw the subject & thought you were a Giants fan.  Congratulations on the justice.  Sorry about the cost.
Beer...Now there's a temporary solution!

Na Zdraví

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 12:08:30 am »
Yup legal stuff is nasty. Especially when lots of money is involved. Here's a raise of the goblet to you and your friend. Hope you're enjoying the Chimay. I'm opening a "White" in honor of your departed boss. ;D

Oh my word... it's excellent! Cheers!
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 10:08:24 am »
But the wheels of justice grind slowly in this country, crushing everything as they turn. 

Though the mills of God grind slowly,
Yet they grind exceeding small;
Though with patience he stands waiting,
With exactness grinds he all.

--Longfellow, adapted from some German bloke whose name eludes me.