Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Double Bastard  (Read 1341 times)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Double Bastard
« on: April 26, 2011, 08:02:50 pm »
Double Bastard.

*ding* Weighs in at 11.2% this darkly malted bitter brew. Alcohol heat followed by sweet then by grapefruit. Dry and a bit harsh, both from the alcohol and the hops.

I'm going to revisit this with a charcoal grilled bone in ribeye.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

vorlaufthegreat

Re: Double Bastard
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 10:13:00 pm »
I don't really have any tasting notes on this beer as it was consumed in one sitting haha... Thought the picture was worth a post though. This bottle was 3qt. 5oz. and 10%abv was from about 4 or 5 years ago. I thought the padlock was an awesome addition for Stone to make on such a unique bottle.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: Double Bastard
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 10:35:58 pm »
The aftermath:

What? I can't eat the whole thing. The beer goes well with fatty steak. And stinky cheese. Bold beer calls for bold measures.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis