Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Yeast. the practical guide to beer fermentation  (Read 2679 times)

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
Yeast. the practical guide to beer fermentation
« on: October 06, 2010, 08:50:55 am »
Got this book in the mail yesterday.  Didn't get to bed 'till about 1am........

Very nice book.  It will find it's place in many home brewer libraries, I'm sure.

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
Re: Yeast. the practical guide to beer fermentation
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 09:23:27 am »
Just started reading mine ( signed copy bought on The Brewing Network ) ***shameless plug***

So far, it's a good read.  Will definately go into the library with "How to Brew", "Brewing Classic Styles", and "Designing Great Beers ".

Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 11:51:00 am »
Just started reading mine ( signed copy bought on The Brewing Network ) ***shameless plug***

So far, it's a good read.  Will definately go into the library with "How to Brew", "Brewing Classic Styles", and "Designing Great Beers ".

That's where I got mine too.  I love the BN.  And have learned much from JZ and Palmer.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 11:54:03 am »
I am 80 pages into it.  Excellent book for someone interested on the cold side processes.  So far I can see that I have been doing many things right, some things I do need some improvement.  
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline ryang

• Brewer
  • Indian Hills CO
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 01:05:10 pm »
I've had it on my shelf for about a week now, but haven't had a chance to even crack it yet!  I'm really looking forward to it.  Fermentation fascinates me.

Offline karlh

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 01:59:37 pm »
I haven't started my copy yet, but can't figure out why the BA and BN can't come up with a better deal for either us (members) or the LHBS.  My LHBS suggested I check out pricing on Amazon.com when I asked if he was getting it in, as that was where he got stock for the store.  I got "yeast..." and "brewing with wheat" together on Amazon for $25 w/ free shipping. 
Karl
Mundelein, IL  USA

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 02:06:03 pm »
I haven't started my copy yet, but can't figure out why the BA and BN can't come up with a better deal for either us (members) or the LHBS.  My LHBS suggested I check out pricing on Amazon.com when I asked if he was getting it in, as that was where he got stock for the store.  I got "yeast..." and "brewing with wheat" together on Amazon for $25 w/ free shipping. 

The BN has a markup to help support their programming since they don't require any money for their content ( although you can donate monthly, which I do ).  They also have signed copies.  I bought mine from The Brewing Network store to support what they are doing.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 09:29:08 am »

The BN has a markup to help support their programming since they don't require any money for their content ( although you can donate monthly, which I do ).  They also have signed copies.  I bought mine from The Brewing Network store to support what they are doing.

+1