Other than Brewing > All Things Food

Change of plans: Turkey SMOKING Tips

(1/6) > >>

majorvices:
I'm going to fry a small turkey on Thursday - it will be the third time I have attempted this with less that spectacular results. What tips do ya'll have?

babalu87:

--- Quote from: majorvices on November 23, 2009, 08:25:24 AM ---I'm going to fry a small turkey on Thursday - it will be the third time I have attempted this with less that spectacular results. What tips do ya'll have?

--- End quote ---

Brine it and roast it in a 400 degree oven

nicneufeld:
Or smoke it!

But as far as "turkey frying tips" the only one I have is "be careful"...too many fireball videos on the net from turkey frying guys who allowed themselves to marinate too heavily before the moment of truth and committed some silly mistake causing the oil to boil over into the fire.

babalu87:

--- Quote from: nicneufeld on November 23, 2009, 09:59:18 AM ---Or smoke it!

But as far as "turkey frying tips" the only one I have is "be careful"...too many fireball videos on the net from turkey frying guys who allowed themselves to marinate too heavily before the moment of truth and committed some silly mistake causing the oil to boil over into the fire.

--- End quote ---

Yes

bluesman:
I'm frying one and smoking another. I've never fried one before...so your ahead of the game. I have a 12lb. bird that I'm starting to thaw now. I understand that you should stay under 16 lbs for good results.  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version