Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Fruit... pathetic  (Read 13695 times)

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
Re: Fruit... pathetic
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 01:29:45 pm »
Diverticulitis builds character. Fruit and vegetables are for wimps.

If having character entails wearing a colostomy bag, I'll take a pass.   ;)
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 03:28:54 pm »
Diverticulitis builds character. Fruit and vegetables are for wimps.

If having character entails wearing a colostomy bag, I'll take a pass.   ;)

"Daddy, what's that smell?"
"Character, Son. Character."
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Lat 40* 6 m. 2.24 s. Long -74* 51 m. 21.75 s.
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 04:53:50 pm »
LMAO^^^

I couldn't live without fruit, we go through piles of it. Gets me going in the morning. Fructose is one of the healthiest readily digestible sugars. Its instant energy, A couple of pieces of fruit in the morning gives me a lot of energy, which I need to have cause I have to be pretty physically active in the AM.   

The body definitely needs fat and protein, our brains are mostly fat. But to much meat is definitely bad for you, im sure its bad for me. The average American male has 5 lbs of undigested red meat stuck in their bowel by the time they are 50. We evolved past eating only meat.

Good healthy balance and variety is the way to go.

We eat meat here once or twice a week, all other meals are vegetarian. Healthy and economical.
Beer, its whats for dinner.

http://theholyravioli.blogspot.com/

http:// www.thecapo.us

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 04:59:06 pm »
The average American male has 5 lbs of undigested red meat stuck in their bowel by the time they are 50.

The average American is about 150lbs of undigested red meat!  And prefers to stay undigested!

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 05:40:29 pm »
Cool, at about 180 I am above average. :D

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 05:42:15 pm »
The average American male has 5 lbs of undigested red meat stuck in their bowel by the time they are 50.

The average American is about 150lbs of undigested red meat!  And prefers to stay undigested!

No, no. 150 lbs. of long pork, the other, other white meat.  :D
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 06:13:37 pm »

I call B.S.  >:(
Cite your sources or retract that statement.
The moral majority, is neither.

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 06:17:46 pm »
Sounds like somebody's been reading about the master cleanse or one of its ilk!

Speaking of BS, those kind of fad purge diets were on the show of the same name by Penn and Teller....they paid a guy a few hundred bucks to endure some hippy colon vacuum machine.  Hehehehehe.

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 06:30:48 pm »
I hereby decree Cap's new nickname to be "Meatsack."
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2010, 06:31:51 pm »
Meat sack works, as proof I suppose I could show you hospital bills if I could find them. Had lots troubles and a LOT of pain that led to the discovery of what was essentially undigested meat trapped in various sections of my bowel.

Too much meat and not nearly enough roughage.

I will spare the details, it was pretty gruesome. Guess I shouldn't have said the average male, might not be correct. I had major digestion troubles among other things. Now I eat a lot less meat and more fruit and veg.

I feel and look much better now and I am 15 years older.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2010, 07:06:10 pm »
I beg to differ about fructose. Again because it is so readily absorbed by the body that it causes a massive insulin spike. It is not a low glycimic food. Just because it comes in a fruit package doesn't automatically make it one of the healthiest.  Sucrose is marginally better.

Individuals need more complex carbohydrates on a consistent basis than they need fructose.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2010, 07:25:36 pm »
I beg to differ about fructose. Again because it is so readily absorbed by the body that it causes a massive insulin spike. It is not a low glycimic food. Just because it comes in a fruit package doesn't automatically make it one of the healthiest.  Sucrose is marginally better.

Individuals need more complex carbohydrates on a consistent basis than they need fructose.

So, I'm on a beer board and I'm being told fruit is bad for me.
Watermelon has a GI of 72 and chocolate cake 38; therefore chocolate cake is better for me.
I think a big part of the equation is missing, don't you agree?

This thread is all screwy anyway - cap claims to have had enough MEAT up in him to host a barbeque.  
:P  (need puking smiley)
The moral majority, is neither.

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2010, 07:33:56 pm »
Meat sack works, as proof I suppose I could show you hospital bills if I could find them. Had lots troubles and a LOT of pain that led to the discovery of what was essentially undigested meat trapped in various sections of my bowel. 

Yeesh. Seriously, that's messed up.

Glad it's better, though!

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2010, 07:39:04 pm »
I should make a somewhat on-topic contribution here, I suppose.

I hate raw fruit. Never eat the stuff.

Well, except for banannas and, I supose technically, tomatoes. Something about the combination of cold and acidity just sends shooting pain through my teeth.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2010, 08:14:51 pm »
It's about variety.  Humans are omnivores.  We can just about handle anything in moderation. Even chocolate cake.  ;)

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis