General Category > Commercial Beer Reviews

Sam Adams Winter Classics

<< < (4/4)

theDarkSide:

--- Quote from: bluesman on November 11, 2010, 12:42:59 PM ---I think this is the current classic collection.

--- End quote ---
Looks like last years.  Mine had White Ale and Chocolate Bock instead of Cream Stout and Cranberry Lambic.  I'll miss the stout but always dumped out the CL every year.

Their Winter Lager is great, and most restaurants around me will have it on tap after Octoberfest and before Nobile Pils.

And Fezziwig is one of my favorite seasonal beers.

alikocho:

--- Quote from: tschmidlin on November 11, 2010, 06:33:58 AM ---
--- Quote from: alikocho on November 09, 2010, 07:38:42 AM ---
--- Quote from: ryang on November 09, 2010, 04:40:53 AM ---
--- Quote from: alikocho on November 08, 2010, 10:15:55 PM ---Having said that, I wouldn't be sorry if they took Old Fezziwig out this year, nor if Saranac ditched their horrible maple porter from their box.

--- End quote ---

I actually enjoy old fezziwig quite a lot.  It's almost worth it to buy the sampler just for that.

--- End quote ---

I feel the spice is a little overdone, but that might just be me.

--- End quote ---
I'm enjoying the Fezziwig right now . . . I was worried it would be overdone based on this thread, but I find it to be rather subdued.  Maybe it's just a year to year variation. 

--- End quote ---

I wont be in the US until mid-December, but I may pick one up and see if my feelings have changed.

tschmidlin:

--- Quote from: theDarkSide on November 11, 2010, 01:33:26 PM ---Looks like last years.  Mine had White Ale and Chocolate Bock instead of Cream Stout and Cranberry Lambic.
--- End quote ---
Same for me. :)

tschmidlin:

--- Quote from: alikocho on November 11, 2010, 01:46:15 PM ---I wont be in the US until mid-December, but I may pick one up and see if my feelings have changed.

--- End quote ---
Let us know, I'm interested in hearing what you think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version