General Category > Commercial Beer Reviews

Sam Adams Winter Classics

<< < (2/4) > >>

denny:
Does the selection still contain the dreaded cranberry lambic?

bluesman:

--- Quote from: denny on October 31, 2010, 07:15:04 PM ---Does the selection still contain the dreaded cranberry lambic?

--- End quote ---

God... I hope not.  :(

theDarkSide:

--- Quote from: denny on October 31, 2010, 07:15:04 PM ---Does the selection still contain the dreaded cranberry lambic?

--- End quote ---

No...that's the best part...been replace with the bock!!!

I cannot taste the cinnamon in the Winter lager...maybe the ultra-trained pallette can.

ipaguy:

--- End quote ---
No.  My local grocery store had a special & I picked up the 12pack the other day.  Chocolate bock is a nice change of pace.  Holiday porter is OK.  I like the wheat beer (white ale?) a lot.  Thought the Old Fezziwig was down right nasty (though I understand some folks actually like the stuff).  Maybe I just don't care for holiday beers, but I feel that I would have been better off just getting a couple 6-packs of craft IPA or ESB.

alikocho:

--- End quote ---

I used to have a soft spot for the Cranberry Lambic, mostly because it failed to hit the mark on both the cranberry and the lambic parts.

Having said that, I wouldn't be sorry if they took Old Fezziwig out this year, nor if Saranac ditched their horrible maple porter from their box.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version