General Category > Commercial Beer Reviews

Chimay

(1/8) > >>

euge:
I splurge on a a bottle of Chimay fairly frequently. I like the Red though they're all interesting and good or great usually. The last bottle of Red was freakin fan-tastic.

Nutty, a bit hoppy and malty. Clean tasting and in balance. It was like falling in love again.

Tonight the bottle's like a nasty ex-girlfriend. :-X Metallic throughout. Sour. Astringent.

I remember when the Red was less than $6. Now it's $12. And it's never consistent. Maybe it's me but that's my experience.

tschmidlin:
I've had similar experiences.  I won't buy it anymore unless it's on tap, and usually the places that have it on tap have morew interesting beers for me to drink anyway.   :-\

When it's good though, it's really good.  :)

punatic:
Chimay Cinq Cents!

anthayes:

--- Quote from: tschmidlin on October 30, 2010, 12:07:49 AM ---I've had similar experiences.  I won't buy it anymore unless it's on tap, and usually the places that have it on tap have morew interesting beers for me to drink anyway.   :-\

--- End quote ---

You need to move to Europe. I have never had a bad Chimay and drink plenty of them.

Life without Chimay would be diminished.

Ant Hayes
Tonbridge, Kent

MDixon:
What's funny is Chimay was the first beer which was distributed when we changed the laws in NC and upped the ABV percentage. Because it was first on the market it went in everywhere. I can get it at almost every grocery store. So one day I have to drive at least 3 hours to get it and the next it's 5 minutes away.

I've always found it to be pretty consistent, but I don't often reach out for a bottle...YMMV

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version