Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Who wants to try this first?  (Read 2016 times)

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
Who wants to try this first?
« on: November 06, 2010, 01:42:28 pm »
Here is a recipe for pig face posted by the Food Network's Tom Pizzica...

"This is a dish that will be featured on Outrageous Food but I had to put it in here because the idea is completely outrageous. These two chaps from England take an entire pig face - I’m talking straight off the skull, crazy horror movie mask pig face - and roll the tongue up inside. They truss it and then cut off the snout (don’t worry - they use that in another dish, nothing goes to waste).

The whole thing is brined for three days, then braised for a few hours. After it has cooled for 24 hours, they take thin slices of it and fry them on a flat-top griddle. When you eat it, the whole thing melts in your mouth and is unbelievably delicious. It's like the most outrageous bacon you've ever had. The recipe alone is outrageous, and for a pork lover like myself, I’m kind of jealous I never thought of it!"

Quote: "It's like the most outrageous bacon you've ever had."
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

jaybeerman

Re: Who wants to try this first?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 05:39:02 pm »
Headcheese!  Ya know, it might be ok to waste some things; somehow I just can't get into offal or headcheese.  :) If this kind of stuff facinates you, read the book "The River Cottage Meat Book."  All joking aside this is one hell of a read; it covers all aspects of eating animals. It's broken into two portions; understanding meat and cooking meat.  I highly recomend that everyone read it.