Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: If any of you are worried about the usual consumption issues  (Read 3146 times)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: If any of you are worried about the usual consumption issues
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 07:56:03 pm »
Thanks I will try some tomorrow. 
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 09:53:45 pm »
Love me some good ol' Juan Valdez. ;D

Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 12:55:24 am »

They say you can't get a decent cup of coffee in Columbia since the best is exported. My Columbian friend brought me back some. :-\

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2010, 07:00:40 am »
(22oz. more or less)

A coffee bomber?

(is it bad form to quote oneself?)

No. Not on the AHA...  ::)

I have one of those eye-talian aluminum espresso-pot jobbies.

It'll produce a 16oz cup of espresso if I pack it right. But I settle for 12oz and consistency. That'll put lead in your pencil.

Built a roaster out of a popcorn popper years back and produced some awesome coffee. And I have about 5-10# of various green beans that are about 5 years old. Any good you think?

I had 5 pounds of Brazilian Sierra Negra that we really disliked 5 or 6 years ago when I bought them.  But recently I ran out of beans and was forced to roast them.  The coffee was actually pretty good by itself, but mostly I used it as filler for other varietals.  My normal technique is to roast 5 batches(popcorn popper) at medium and one at dark to boost the flavor, the Brazilian worked well as the dark roast.
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2010, 06:23:03 pm »

They say you can't get a decent cup of coffee in Columbia since the best is exported. My Columbian friend brought me back some. :-\

That make sense in some sort of way. I guess you need to keep the ones paying the most money happy.
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee