Author Topic: Any Motorcycle riders?  (Read 4303 times)

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • Official Poobah of No Life.
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
    • View Profile
    • Yellowhammer Brewing Company
Re: Any Motorcycle riders?
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2010, 07:59:38 AM »
Flat Black. I got my paint job out of a spray can after I laid her down and couldn't afford to have it refinished. Bring your bike over and I will fix her up.  8)

At least you didn't hurt yourself too bad.  I mean you're able to brew 30 gallons of beer at a time...right.  8)

I didn't hurt myself at all. I wear the appropriate gear. Besides, it happened on my gravel driveway. Just a stupid mistake. And FTR I'm brewing 45 gallons at a time. ;)
Keith Y.
Self appointed "All Grain" section pruner

Offline Mikey

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2010, 08:32:10 AM »
Flat Black. I got my paint job out of a spray can after I laid her down and couldn't afford to have it refinished. Bring your bike over and I will fix her up.  8)

At least you didn't hurt yourself too bad.  I mean you're able to brew 30 gallons of beer at a time...right.  8)

I didn't hurt myself at all. I wear the appropriate gear. Besides, it happened on my gravel driveway. Just a stupid mistake. And FTR I'm brewing 45 gallons at a time. ;)

What does brewing beer have to do with crashing motorcycles?

Offline bluesman

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Delaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2010, 08:43:58 AM »
Flat Black. I got my paint job out of a spray can after I laid her down and couldn't afford to have it refinished. Bring your bike over and I will fix her up.  8)

At least you didn't hurt yourself too bad.  I mean you're able to brew 30 gallons of beer at a time...right.  8)

I wear a helmet, boots, gloves and a leather riding jacket at all times. Safety first.  8)

That's right 1.5bbl....it's amazing what can happen when you forget a digit after the point.  :-*
Ron Price

Offline euge

• Estilo Casero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2010, 12:34:21 PM »
The Duplicolor brand is pretty good for a rattle-can paint job. They have clear-coat too, so with some sanding and polishing compound you can get nice results and avoid matte altogether.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2010, 12:45:24 PM »
I think the matt looks kick ass, personally. I did sand the hell out of it. It was exactly what I wanted.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 12:48:46 PM by majorvices »
Keith Y.

Offline bluesman

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Delaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2010, 12:49:12 PM »
I think the matt looks kick ass, personally. I did sand the hell out of it. It was exactly what I wanted.

http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n137/majorvices/?action=view&current=Picture1.png&newest=1

Very nice looking bike Keith.
Ron Price

Offline euge

• Estilo Casero
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2010, 12:56:56 PM »
Nice bike!

The work involved in painting is crazy. I pulled everything off the Katana and redid it. In retrospect leaving it flat black would have saved me many hours and sore arms.

Ultimately, the cafe racer style moves me the most. Four years ago I looked for a Honda CB750 to do but couldn't find one for sale in the entire state of Texas. Been toying with re-doing the Katana as a cafe racer but this time I might pay someone to do it.

BTW this looks alarming:

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2010, 01:21:22 PM »
I used to own a CB750. Wish to hell I would not have sold it!  :( I have another one, but its in parts and I just don't know if I will ever have the time to put it back together.
Keith Y.

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2010, 02:50:50 PM »
I always thought fast bikes should be ratted out. Pretty bikes can be shiny, that's fine. But flat black is where it's at for the fast ones.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Online Joe Sr.

• Brewmaster General
  • Chicago - NORTH SIDE
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2010, 03:33:49 PM »

Sturgis 2006.  In my Old Style delivery shirt.  We hauled the bikes and I brought two cases of homebrew.

This is in Custer state park, bison in the background.

1997 XLH 1200.  Previous was a Honda CB1.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline euge

• Estilo Casero
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2011, 12:22:27 AM »
My first was a 1998 Suzuki VZ800 (Marauder) What a beautiful bike that was. Lowered the seat and put HD drag bars on it. Everyone thought it was a Harley. I was dumbfounded.

The second was a Brit import- a 1983 Honda CBX 550F. Nice bike but I was a little too heavy for for the cc's. I added a cafe-style cowling which I painted candy cinnamon to match the paint job . Sold it because I was worried about the cam tensioner spring. A tricky fix and didn't want go down that road.

The one I have now is a 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX 750F. Inline four but not fuel injected. Always runs smooth though. It had been dropped on it's side by the previous owners(s). I spent an entire spring break but after 50 hours work ended up with a repaired and completely repainted bike. Now I know why the painters get paid big bucks. Nice bike. Fast.

Noticed there's not as many bikes on the road as there used to be.  ???

I finally dragged out an old hard-drive and got some of my motorcycle pics. Unfortunately my current bike is stored up. Maybe I'll produce some photos at some point.

You can see in the last pic where I installed some glass-packed mufflers (each side) and man was that loud and fun! With my Marauder (first bike) I also installed a set of Vance and Hines mufflers and a stage two kit, which improved it's performance a bit. It had a big sound as well. I'm sure my neighbors hated it when I fired it up in the morning and came home at night!

Offline Kit B

• Brewmaster
  • Kit B - Bottineau Prairie, MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2011, 02:46:22 PM »
Currently working on getting a '76 Wing back on the road.
(Very slowly)

-    Head Cook & Bottle Washer    -
-      Bottineau Prairie Brewing      -

FBDU: Prairie & Northwoods Mobile Superintendant

Offline euge

• Estilo Casero
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2011, 05:08:24 PM »
Nice bike. Always preffered the old sports-tourer model compared to what it has evolved into.

I bet it gets up and moves!

Offline bluesman

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Delaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2011, 07:20:35 PM »
Pictures of beauty gents! 

Makes me think spring.  8)

It is around the corner...we just have to be patient.
Ron Price

Offline uthristy

• Brewer
  • Hot & sticky Fla.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2011, 01:37:08 PM »
Couple of my older bikes