Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: First Conquest Finished!!!  (Read 1667 times)

Offline icedbreeze

• 1st Kit
First Conquest Finished!!!
« on: November 08, 2010, 05:21:11 pm »
Well after driving 5 hours back to the good 'ole U S of A, I prepared to bottle!  With some help from my dad we managed to get 41 bottles of beer and only a very minor spill.  Thanks everyone for your support and reassurances through out my first batch.  I didn't think to sample any of my product as we were filling bottles but it sure smelled tastey! 

I figure in 3 or 4 days I'll start my 2nd kit, and I have my first hard cider experiment fermenting as we speak.  And some very anxious friends and family waiting to sample lol.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: First Conquest Finished!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 11:15:32 pm »
Sounds like a winner!

Kegging is even easier.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline icedbreeze

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 08:02:59 am »
Yea I wish I could keg.  But for now it's not an option :( 

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 08:51:45 am »
Don't worry to much. I am sure kegging is easier but I have been bottling since I started brewing about 4 years ago and really don't mind it that much. It takes me a little over an hour to bottle 5 gallons and they are much easier to give away as gifts that way. you can even personalize the bottles with some label paper and a decent printer. plus you can squirrel away some bottles to see how they develop over time.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline icedbreeze

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 09:04:02 am »
Don't worry to much. I am sure kegging is easier but I have been bottling since I started brewing about 4 years ago and really don't mind it that much. It takes me a little over an hour to bottle 5 gallons and they are much easier to give away as gifts that way. you can even personalize the bottles with some label paper and a decent printer. plus you can squirrel away some bottles to see how they develop over time.

You make some very good points!  I was too busy wanting what I can't have to realize.  Thanks Morti