Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: suggestions  (Read 2790 times)

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
suggestions
« on: September 02, 2010, 12:07:17 pm »
A couple of suggstions:

In the AHA Messages, Forum Rules & FAQs, there's 9 (and growing) sticky messages right at the top.  Maybe it's time to split this into an AHA messages section and a Forum Rules and FAQs section?

Include the menu bar at the bottom of the page, so people don't have to scroll back up to click the link to go up the menu.  You know, this thing:
Homebrewers Association | AHA Forum >Admin >Questions about the forum? >Start new topic
I don't know if the software gives you that kind of flexibility, but it'd be nice.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
Re: suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 12:13:12 pm »
On the subject of the AHA Messages forum it might be nice to move the headlines thread out of it so they can be replied to.  There are often interesting headlines that might generate some discussion if people had the ability to post to the threads.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 12:26:22 pm »
A couple of suggstions:

In the AHA Messages, Forum Rules & FAQs, there's 9 (and growing) sticky messages right at the top.  Maybe it's time to split this into an AHA messages section and a Forum Rules and FAQs section?

Good idea...you might notice we've been rearranging things already.

Include the menu bar at the bottom of the page, so people don't have to scroll back up to click the link to go up the menu.  You know, this thing:
Homebrewers Association | AHA Forum >Admin >Questions about the forum? >Start new topic
I don't know if the software gives you that kind of flexibility, but it'd be nice.

I don't think the software allows for that, but we'll check.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline 1vertical

• Ozone Layer. Actual location
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 09:10:01 am »
Please put a good definition of the term Partigyle in the Wiki terminology index
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 09:22:21 am »
Please put a good definition of the term Partigyle in the Wiki terminology index

Ya know, you could do that!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline 1vertical

• Ozone Layer. Actual location
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 09:30:30 am »

Since I've NEVER done that....partigyle or left a wiki def., I felt perhaps someone with
MORE experience could leap out in front of traffic...lol
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 10:20:36 am »

Since I've NEVER done that....partigyle or left a wiki def., I felt perhaps someone with
MORE experience could leap out in front of traffic...lol

Okey dokey....

www.dennybrew.com