Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Ask the Experts  (Read 6871 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Ask the Experts
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 09:59:09 am »
Thanks for the ideas...a couple questions....

3. Hop groups who will take suggestions from homebrewers

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

4. People like Michael Eder

Who?
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

jaybeerman

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 02:06:05 pm »
Thanks for the ideas...a couple questions....

3. Hop groups who will take suggestions from homebrewers

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

4. People like Michael Eder

Who?

3. See if someone from Indie Hops, OSU or maybe even Hop Breeding Company will answer questions (or take idea suggestions) from homebrewers.  For example, I'd love to see a clean, low cohumulone, high alpha, version of bullion that stores well.

4. Remember that article that you didn't read in the May/June issue of zymurgy, that guy.

Cheers, j

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 03:33:14 pm »
3. See if someone from Indie Hops, OSU or maybe even Hop Breeding Company will answer questions (or take idea suggestions) from homebrewers.  For example, I'd love to see a clean, low cohumulone, high alpha, version of bullion that stores well.

Got it...I've already got somebody in mind.  

4. Remember that article that you didn't read in the May/June issue of zymurgy, that guy.

Cheers, j

:-[  Guess I'd better do some reading!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2010, 02:53:59 pm »
Stupid question but I am a relatively new card holding AHA member; is there other members only sections of this website?

Yes, the Commercial Calibration section of Zymurgy is Members-Only.  So members can see the judge comments of every beer our Commercial Calibration judge team has reviewed in Zymurgy.  You can find Commercial Calibration at http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/zymurgy/commercial-calibration

You need to be registered on the HomebrewersAssociation.org website (which you are if you've posted to the Forum) and have your site registration linked to your AHA membership.  You can find instructions for linking your membership in the site FAQ: http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/my-account/site-registration-faq.

Cheers!
Gary
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Lat 40* 6 m. 2.24 s. Long -74* 51 m. 21.75 s.
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2010, 08:07:17 pm »
Thanks Gary. Good stuff.
Beer, its whats for dinner.

http://theholyravioli.blogspot.com/

http:// www.thecapo.us

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2010, 09:46:37 am »
Please keep those ideas coming!  We're kicking off with John Palmer..

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=4139.0

www.dennybrew.com

Offline alemental

• Cellarman
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2010, 06:10:30 pm »

Great effort Denny!

I'd like to see Jamil Z...can we talk about recipe development?

He's a popular guy in our wide world of brewing and I think he will generate alot of interest.

I'll 2nd this...recipe formulation & development is a big, big topic, difficult to explain. And who would be better than Mr.Beer Style himself?

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 07:04:33 pm »
How 'bout David Houseman?

Should be amusing cuz wasn't he one of the biggest complainers about the demise of TechTalk?
Joe

Offline alemental

• Cellarman
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2010, 10:34:55 am »
I think a really good choice would be Kristin England to discuss brewing Berliner Weisse. Not much info is out there on this style, let alone techniques like culturing lactobacillus for it.
In fact, he could discuss all the nearly forgotten styles he touches on in Stan Hieronymous' recent wheat book. The Berliner Weisse is probably the one that will raise the most interest though.

Offline chezteth

• Brewmaster
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2010, 10:44:47 am »
I think a really good choice would be Kristin England to discuss brewing Berliner Weisse. Not much info is out there on this style, let alone techniques like culturing lactobacillus for it.
In fact, he could discuss all the nearly forgotten styles he touches on in Stan Hieronymous' recent wheat book. The Berliner Weisse is probably the one that will raise the most interest though.

+1   This would be terrific!  I have not brewed a Berliner Weisse yet but have not found much information either.

Offline kgs

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sonoma County, CA
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 08:57:12 pm »
Easing (and/or automating) the physical process is a topic I'd like to hear addressed.

Moving into kegging would be another good topic.

The whole idea of getting ready to compete is another.
K.G. Schneider
AHA Member

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2010, 04:04:45 pm »
 Great Idea ya got here Denny! I really am hopong to join the AHA soon as I get some extra coin. BTW, if you need an expert in asshattery, feel free to PM me. I'll be glad to join in the community.  ;D
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2010, 02:25:51 pm »
Denny, just let me know which month you want me to answer questions.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2010, 02:56:45 pm »
Chumley, if people were interested in knowing about PBR, you'd be the first person I'd contact!

www.dennybrew.com