Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Special Occasion Brews?  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Ryan16

• Cellarman
Special Occasion Brews?
« on: November 29, 2010, 12:35:44 pm »
Hi All,
I am writing a short article about homebrewing for a new magazine called Colorado Brew and Pub. I am interesting in hearing stories of beers brewed for a special occasion.  Have you brewed a celebratory beer for your friend's wedding? How about a beer brewed specially to commemorate the birth of a child? 

If so, why did you choose the style that you did? Were there any bumps in the road of the production of this special brew?  What did you name the beer? Did you cellar any of the beer for future enjoyment? How was the beer received?

Please respond to me directly ryan@brewersassociation.org and include your full name. With your approval, some of your responses may appear in the article.

Cheers!
Ryan Farrell
ryan@brewersassociation.org
Brewers Association
303-447-0816

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
Re: Special Occasion Brews?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 12:47:10 pm »
Haven't done much celebratory beers in the past but plan on a Chicha for 12-21-12. Might not do that chewing up and spitting out thing :-X
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Special Occasion Brews?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 12:55:41 pm »
I've had Chicha in Ecuador....... didn't know at the time how it was made. Paired very well with the cuy though....... ;D
Wooden Shoe Brew Works (not a commercial operation) Bethlehem, PA
http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/WSBW/WSBW_All_grain_Setup.html
I brew WITH style..... not necessarily TO style.....