Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Brewed today (pic)  (Read 5893 times)

Offline 1vertical

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Ozone Layer. Actual location
Re: Brewed today (pic)
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2010, 07:59:39 am »
I enjoy the flavor of  Corriander in beer and the mash tun is the place to add it in IMO.
It diminishes the presence somewhat and kind of adds a flowery sweetness/aroma thing.

I've tried adding fresh cracked corriander seeds to the mash a few times but, didn't have much luck with it.  Seemed like most of the corriander characteristics were lost in the finished beer.  Kinda like adding hops to the mash...

Do you use whole seeds or pre-ground corriander?
I just put the whole seeds in with the grain before running the  mill...then really enjoy
the fragrant mash aroma...
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Offline 1vertical

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2010, 03:37:49 pm »
Update:
Think this is ready for secondary hyd tube sure tasted good.
;D

Offline pyrite

• Brewer
  • Davis, CA
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2010, 07:40:36 pm »
It has to be the light, but this hydrometer reading on your stout looks a lot darker.  However, I'm itching to try some of your sour beers. I've been following your sour beer process.  I have some sour beers in the collection and want to make a trade.  I'm not to stoked about the shipping fees though.
If you don't get in over your head, how are you ever going to know how tall you are.

Offline 1vertical

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2010, 08:17:14 pm »
It has to be the light, but this hydrometer reading on your stout looks a lot darker.  However, I'm itching to try some of your sour beers. I've been following your sour beer process.  I have some sour beers in the collection and want to make a trade.  I'm not to stoked about the shipping fees though.
Hmmmm...Well you are correct about the light...that is the same beer and I was kind of taking note of that as well.
The first pic was basically in the same spot on the counter..so not sure as to why, but very different appearance.

Offline uthristy

• Brewer
  • Hot & sticky Fla.
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2010, 07:15:34 am »
Hmmmm...Well you are correct about the light...that is the same beer and I was kind of taking note of that as well.
The first pic was basically in the same spot on the counter..so not sure as to why, but very different appearance.

I noticed that awhile back and just accepted the lighting will always be slightly different even inside.
Glad to see other people taking gravity pics ;D
http://s821.photobucket.com/albums/zz138/UknowWho2u/My%20brew%20pics/

Offline 1vertical

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2010, 09:13:18 am »
Uthristy that is one nice collection of hyd tube shots. I don't have mine organized like you
dam 8 pages of em....yer prolific...and then side trips to belgium....