Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Quick Disconnect  (Read 6348 times)

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Re: Quick Disconnect
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 10:22:49 am »

I used to use CPC QD's, and the problem I had with them is that the O-rings stretch out very easily.

yeah, that is a problem (though certainly not every batch) anyone have a McMaster Carr part # for those? They charge something like 90 cents a piece for them at NB. Crazy!!

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 10:26:37 am »
I measured them, but I can't find my notes now. If I ordered replacements from McMaster, I'd try a different material and see if they had the same issue.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 10:39:51 am »
I like the sanitary SS Tri-Clamps. Pricey but better in the long run. Check out this site.

http://www.stiflow.com/hosefit_sani_intro.htm
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 06:41:10 am by majorvices »
Ron Price

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 06:41:24 am »
I hate site that make you "request a quote". If you have to request it you can't afford it.  ;)

This site has actual prices on Tri Clover Clamps. http://www.brewershardware.com/Tri-Clover-Fittings/

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 06:48:48 am »
I hate site that make you "request a quote". If you have to request it you can't afford it.  ;)

This site has actual prices on Tri Clover Clamps. http://www.brewershardware.com/Tri-Clover-Fittings/

Maybe true...but just remember that you pay for what you get. You'll pay one way or the other in the end.

I'm a believer in keeping it simple....but when it comes to quality products it will cost you.

My method of buying is to get three reputable quotes and go from there.  ;)
Ron Price

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 07:45:07 am »
Yeah, but why not just post a price, or at least give an idea? Have you actually ordered from them? I guess when I see links like that I get the feeling they are expecting you to spend a thousand bucks or more.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 07:46:40 am by majorvices »

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 09:40:54 am »
Yeah, but why not just post a price, or at least give an idea? Have you actually ordered from them? I guess when I see links like that I get the feeling they are expecting you to spend a thousand bucks or more.

I certainly like instant gratification just as much as the next guy. In fact I would prefer to see the prices published so I don't have to ask for them. I have never ordered from these guys but if you look at their site it is pretty comprehensive as far as fittings and the like. YMMV
Ron Price

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 11:10:40 am »
Well, even though I am griping about it I booked marked it for future reference. Thanks for the link.  ;D

Offline realbeerguy

• Brewer
  • Golf & drink beer with your friends
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 08:52:45 am »
A few thoughts while reading this thread.

The "Sanitary" ball valve offered by Brew Magic.  No ball valve is truely sanitary.  There is always a void between the seat and the valve body for media to get trapped, even if you use cavity filler seats, which this ball valve probably does.  What that means is that you need to disassemble & clean after every use.  The only true sanitary valves are sanitary butterflys & sanitary diaphragm valves.  Just a note to beware if you think these valves don't need to be cleaned.

For those having problems with the o-rings on the CPC couplers, look into replacing the o-rings with Viton, which Mc Master should have in stock.  I believe the standard ring is Buna-N which has a max temp rating of between 180dF & 220.  Viton has a higher rating, about 285dF I think.
Member Savannah Brewers League & Lowcountry MALTS

Bluffton SC