Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What's For Dinner?  (Read 146876 times)

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: What's For Dinner?
« Reply #600 on: April 09, 2014, 10:31:52 am »
Haven't seen much food pron lately. Figured I've salt the mine.

Home made pasta with peanut sauce and baby broccoli. A little home grown basil and chives on top

Nice!  :)
Ron Price

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
« Reply #601 on: April 09, 2014, 12:27:11 pm »
Haven't seen much food pron lately. Figured I've salt the mine.

Home made pasta with peanut sauce and baby broccoli. A little home grown basil and chives on top

Nice!  :)

Looks good, Jonathan.  Did you put a little heat in the peanut sauce?
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #602 on: April 09, 2014, 12:36:08 pm »
I didn't because I'm trying to get my three year old to branch out(he did not try out in the end). It is awesome with a couple shots of habenero sauce on though.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #603 on: May 19, 2014, 10:57:02 pm »
Tonight, I grilled up Chorizo and Queso Fresco stuffed Poblano peppers. I figured I would share here. Had it with a homebrewed Cascade/Topaz APA.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #604 on: May 20, 2014, 05:53:41 am »
Man, that looks great.  THE pepper for stuffing IMO.
Jon H.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #605 on: May 20, 2014, 07:22:02 am »
I agree. Bell peppers are a little bland and tame when compared to the poblano. Makin' me hungry...
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
« Reply #606 on: May 20, 2014, 08:20:35 am »
man, stuffed pepper season. I agree on the pablano v bell. bell peppers are the iceberg of peppers.

I've been eyeing the squash blossoms in my garden. I figure I didn't actually plant any of the squash so if i just eat the flowers I'm not out anything right?
-A Einstein

- J Joyce

Offline euge

• I must live here
« Reply #607 on: May 20, 2014, 08:41:48 am »
I love volunteers. I say eat away. The plants will produce even more blossoms and fruit if you do so.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #608 on: May 20, 2014, 08:59:18 am »
The one benefit to bell peppers is that they stand up a lot easier than other peppers. Certainly works easier for stuffing. I prefer the flavor of Poblanos though. If I can figure out a way to keep the filling inside better... I had some issues with that this time.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #609 on: May 20, 2014, 09:03:57 am »
When I make chiles rellenos I use toothpicks to sort of 'sew' the seams together. I saw some chef on tv do it-works pretty well.
Jon H.

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
« Reply #610 on: May 20, 2014, 09:04:30 am »
The one benefit to bell peppers is that they stand up a lot easier than other peppers. Certainly works easier for stuffing. I prefer the flavor of Poblanos though. If I can figure out a way to keep the filling inside better... I had some issues with that this time.

I fire roast, sweat, skin & de-seed. then stuff and use a wooden skewer to sew them closed again. then I usually dredge in whipped egg white batter and deep fry  ;D
-A Einstein

- J Joyce

Offline euge

• I must live here
« Reply #611 on: May 20, 2014, 09:13:43 am »
I make a small slit towards the top after roasting and peeling. Then carefully slice/scoop out the seeds. Stuff even more carefully as to not increase the length of the slit. Works pretty well I don't expect to turn them on the grill.

Stuff with precooked meats, beans, cheese etc... Place on grill or in smoker after chilling.

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
« Reply #612 on: May 22, 2014, 05:31:58 am »

I fire roast, sweat, skin & de-seed. then stuff and use a wooden skewer to sew them closed again. then I usually dredge in whipped egg white batter and deep fry  ;D

Jonathan, I would think the deep frying kinda wipes out any benefit of the egg white batter.  ;)

I make a relleno casserole layered with potatoes, poblanos, cooked meats (I prefer chorizo), and onions, held together with an egg/flour mixture (real thin batter actually).  I put a little baking powder in the batter and it makes the casserole nice and fluffy.
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline euge

• I must live here
« Reply #613 on: May 22, 2014, 06:13:53 am »
That sounds quite good actually.

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
« Reply #614 on: May 22, 2014, 08:44:01 am »

Jonathan, I would think the deep frying kinda wipes out any benefit of the egg white batter.  ;)

I make a relleno casserole layered with potatoes, poblanos, cooked meats (I prefer chorizo), and onions, held together with an egg/flour mixture (real thin batter actually).  I put a little baking powder in the batter and it makes the casserole nice and fluffy.

mmm tasty!

The egg whit part is only to make it fluffy, I fold the yolks back in once the whites are at stiff peak along with a little flour, salt, pepper, and cumin. I can see hybridizing the two recipes and using the fluffy egg batter on top as a meringue like topping.
-A Einstein

- J Joyce