Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Losing too much out the blowoff tube  (Read 6198 times)

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Losing too much out the blowoff tube
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 12:38:43 pm »
All I can tell ya, Euge, is that I haven't experienced any contamination from using them.  Maybe I should add "yet!".  :)
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

beveragebob

Offline rjharper

• Brewmaster
    • Angry Scotsman Brewing
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 08:20:30 am »
I saw that thread.  Not sure what I'd do with a gallon if you're using 5-6 drops at a time.  That really is a lifetime supply....

beveragebob

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2010, 04:42:59 am »
I did it for financial reasons. The Williams anti-foam that I used quite allot went up to ten dollars per four ounces. I just couldn't justify the cost. I paid sixty-three out the door for the gallon. Sure, it'll last me for years but, I don't have to think about it anymore. The company also sells Five-Star equivalent products, Lactic Acid and all kinds of everything else at wholesale pricing. For brewers that brew often and are in the hobby for the long haul, it just makes economic sense.