Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: brewery for sale  (Read 5744 times)

Offline plowhandle

• 1st Kit
brewery for sale
« on: November 17, 2010, 08:10:38 pm »
In case you want to make a huge upgrade:

http://houston.craigslist.org/for/2066430945.html

It'll help if you are close to Houston, but you never know how far you would drive for this.

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
Re: brewery for sale
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 10:01:12 pm »
It's made with converted kegs, so you can only really get 10 gallon batches out of it.  That's not a huge upgrade for anyone really, although the price is gigantic.  Not worth it IMO, but maybe someone has more money laying around than I do ;)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 11:30:46 pm »
Good grief, he's got every nut, bolt, and even the color of the measuring spoon listed there.  I'm guessing the printout for the inventory adds 50% to the price!
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 11:46:14 pm »
Nice and shiny too. If it did something like a bbl maybe it'd be worth it. Not to dis what's obviously a labor of love- but I can't see anyone throwing out the cash for it.

Maybe an offer of 4K would take it.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 11:58:09 pm »
Oops, sorry!  :-[

I'm not trying to put it down, it looks really nice.  But you never get back close to what you sink in to something like that.  You can get a serious brew sculpture from morebeer for less than that, with a lot money to spare to trick it out.  But hey, I hope he gets every cent and whoever buys it is happy too. :)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline punatic

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 12:00:00 am »
Nice and shiny too. If it did something like a bbl maybe it'd be worth it. Not to dis what's obviously a labor of love- but I can't see anyone throwing out the cash for it.

Maybe an offer of 4K would take it.

It'd cost another 4 grand to ship it to Hawaii...  :(

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 12:17:34 am »
Just can't help thinking that whoever would want all that stuff probably already has it.

Then again maybe they lost everything in a fire, divorce whatever. It's just a select group of people who'd want it. A neophyte homebrewer? Hardly. Usually they don't even know what they need. Always exceptions though...

There was another like this a month ago http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=4067.0
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline punatic

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 12:24:20 am »
Pretty ballsy of the previously offered one on eBay posting pictures of jacked kegs converted to brew vessels.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 12:27:47 am »
Just can't help thinking that whoever would want all that stuff probably already has it.
That's exactly it.  A newbie wouldn't know what to do with it, and someone who's been brewing a long time won't need more than half (or less) of the stuff.  And really, if I was going to drop that much money I'd want to design the whole thing myself.  bouef.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 07:53:34 am »
I have to agree Tom...the system is everything a veteran brewer wants but the fact is most veteran brewers already have at least half of everything on the list.

Nice find though.  I'm sure someone with the money to spend will score on this.  8)
Ron Price