Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Feline Chronic Renal Failure  (Read 2782 times)

Offline akr71

• Brewmaster
  • Beer Ain't Drinkin' - Mojo Nixon
Re: Feline Chronic Renal Failure
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2010, 12:35:10 pm »
Holy cow Batman!  Was Eggroll a cat, or a catamount?
I said he was a large organge tom.  :) When I would make a sandwich, I had to push everything to the back of the counter, because standing on his back legs he could reachthe counter and swipe stuff right off it!
Andy

Amherst, NS - Canada

Offline deepsouth

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Brew Maison
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2010, 03:02:48 pm »
Good luck Drew. We just lost our girl (dog) to renal failure. Love your baby while it's here.
Hoppy Homebrewers of South Mississippi (est. 2009)

AHA# 196703

bottled:     white house honey ale

Offline glitterbug

• Assistant Brewer
  • dallas, tx
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 06:56:21 pm »
We have a cat who is allergic to dust, grass, and about 20 other things (He is probably allergic to other cats too ;) We have to give him pills and sub-dermal injections to stop him from tearing out all his fur. Akr71's pill giving method is similar to what we do. It takes practice but gets a little easier each time.

A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire

Offline EHall

• Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 07:14:15 pm »
we just had to put down one of our cats earlier this year due to renal failure. He was about 10. We noticed that he lost alot of weight pretty quickly, he went from about 22-24# to about 15 when we finally noticed something was going on. (we had been trying to reduce his weight for quite a while and though we were finally successful...) But this cat used to drink a ton of water, then as he got worse he stopped drinking. We had to give him the fluids under the skin for a while. He wouldnt eat the renal food either. We just basically spoiled him for the last couple months, giving him plenty of wet food and treats so to keep him as hydrated as possible, but we made the decision early on that when we thought his quality of life was declining, we'd put him down. All you can do is just try to keep him hydrated and comfortable and enjoy him while hes still here. Its not fun watching anyone or anything die slowly.
Phoenix, AZ

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 08:47:11 pm »
Eggroll (the shelter named him, not me)

That is one of the best pet names I ever heard!! I used to have an iguana named Chilito, and I have a dog named Porkchop. But Eggroll, now that is just bada$$!!

I can just hear you at the shelter when you picked him up...... "You give me eggroll, me love you long time."   ;D
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.