Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Anyone Watch 'Brew Masters' Last Night?  (Read 15529 times)

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Re: Anyone Watch 'Brew Masters' Last Night?
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2010, 04:26:34 pm »
Guys... its SPIT!! SPIT!!!! Out of someone's MOUTH!!! Someone you don't even KNOW!!

Lookm pleasuring a man one time, with a socked foot, does not make you gay! Some guys are just so uptight..... ::)

:P

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2010, 04:54:05 pm »
LMAO!!
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline mixmasterbrewmeister

• 1st Kit
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2010, 05:51:20 pm »
Well i must say it. The show is a huge advertisement for dogfish head. with that being said i am interseted in it because watching it gives me ideas for possible future brew. And also I think that the show may also help the homebrewing community get new members and people interested in it. And also for the craft beer scene.

the only other down side which i know has been brought up is that is if it is just Sam jetsetting around for new items to brew with it may get very old fast.

True! This show has definitely sparked my interest in brewing. After the show I spent 5 hours online reading and watching YouTube on the topic of "How to Brew". I am very excited to have found such a creative outlet that I can enjoy on my weekends away from work. Cheers!

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2010, 07:02:10 pm »
Guys... its SPIT!! SPIT!!!! Out of someone's MOUTH!!! Someone you don't even KNOW!!

Lookm pleasuring a man one time, with a socked foot, does not make you gay! Some guys are just so uptight..... ::)

:P

Hmmmm...what does this have to do with brewmasters... ::)

;D :-* :D 8)

That is hilarious!  ;)
Ron Price

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Lat 40* 6 m. 2.24 s. Long -74* 51 m. 21.75 s.
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2010, 08:36:45 pm »
Put out a fire and no one calls you a fireman, but s**k just one c**k and everyone calls you gay.
Beer, its whats for dinner.

http://theholyravioli.blogspot.com/

http:// www.thecapo.us

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2010, 10:08:10 pm »
Oh wow man!!! I haven't laughed that hard since I was a little girl. THat's funny stuff right there Cappo!!! I think I almost had a stroke!
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2010, 03:09:59 am »
Put out a fire and no one calls you a fireman, but s**k just one c**k and everyone calls you gay.

Hey!  I'm not gay, my boyfriend is.
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline Mikey

• Brewer
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2010, 06:23:05 am »
How is it that this thread has gone from discussing a brewing show, to sausage and gay guys?

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2010, 07:52:30 am »
Back on topic gentlemen.  ;)

The next Brewmasters will aire this Thursday.

GRAIN TO GLASS
Premieres Thursday, Dec. 9 at 8 pm E/P
When a company approaches Sam about making a beer out of cedar scraps salvaged from their hand-made surfboards, Dogfish jumps at the chance to create their first "cedar-fied" beer. But, the team faces a major setback when 9,000 gallons of their signature beer, 120 Minute IPA, gets flagged by Quality Control.
Ron Price

Offline James Lorden

• Brewer
  • Forest Hill, MD
« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2010, 08:33:40 am »
I am very interested in that episode.  As I reported not that long ago, drinking 120M at thanksgiving is a tradition of mine.  I buy it every year and age it in the beer celar.  When I went to track it down this year my beer guy told me that DFH had to dump the batch.  I was shocked!  I have bottles going back to '05 and now there is a big hole in my collection!  BTW, the '07 was deleicious this year - aged incredibly well.
James Lorden
Beer Drinker Beer Maker & Beer Judge

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2010, 02:11:54 pm »
A lot of talk here in Tampa regarding Sam's mentioning that his is the first brewery using cedar to age beer.  Didn't he know that Cigar City won the wood-aged category at GABF in 2009 for that?  And another medal this year with the same cedar aged IPA?  What's up with that?
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline johnf

• Brewer
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2010, 08:11:07 pm »
A lot of talk here in Tampa regarding Sam's mentioning that his is the first brewery using cedar to age beer.  Didn't he know that Cigar City won the wood-aged category at GABF in 2009 for that?  And another medal this year with the same cedar aged IPA?  What's up with that?

Boulevard has done it for two years. I'm pretty sure Hitichino Nest has been doing it for 5 or more years? At least? Of course if you consider sake to be beer, it's not even close.

He kept calling Tej a honey beer in the first episode (the only one I've watched), I don't think accuracy is the goal.

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2010, 08:13:26 pm »
I just watched the last one.  My wife was in the room while I was watching it and commented that Sam looked like he wanted to cry after they'd made the decision to dump the 90 minute.

I told her I wanted to cry too just watching it.  Kinda like when she watches those Lifetime movies and starts to tear up.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline Mikey

• Brewer
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2010, 08:15:44 pm »
They sure seem to have a lot of quality issues. I'm not sure I'd want that constantly repeated on TV.

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2010, 08:20:04 pm »
That was the first one on the show that was a problem with the beer itself.  Each episode they seem to cover some sort of problem like the twist off caps and the piece of metal in one of the bottles.  I'm guessing that kind of thing happens in a production operation of that size.  At least their QA seems pretty robust in order to catch stuff like that before it makes it out of the plant.
Clint
Wort Hogs