My wife and I often cook from Chef Emeril Lagasse's cook books. The Oyster Stuffing and Sage Reduction Sauce recipe is one we found in his New New Orleans Cooking cook book that we fell in love with. Without a doubt, it is our favorite Thanksgiving dish. Drizzle or drown the stuffing in the sage reduction!!!
Thank you Chef M!
Chef Emeril’s Oyster Stuffing with Sage Reduction Sauce
1 tbs Creole seasoning
3 tbs chopped fresh sage - in all
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 cup chopped andouille sausage (casings removed)
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 tbs minced garlic
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
1/2 tsp salt
3 turns fresh ground black pepper
1/2 cup chicken stock
3 cups diced day old bread
1- 1/2 cups freshly shucked oysters with their liquor
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1) Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add andouille, onions, celery, and bell peppers and stir-fry for 1 minute.
2) Stir in Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the stock and fold in the bread cubes and oysters and cook for 1 minute, Fold in green onions, cook for 2 minutes, and remove from heat.
Makes about 3-1/2 cups of stuffing.
Cook stuffing in the bird or in an oven pan as you would with your traditional turkey stuffing.
Sage Reduction Sauce (Da Creole Heavenly Magic!)
3 tbs chopped fresh sage
3 tbs minced shallots
2 tbs minced garlic
1 tsp salt
4 turns freshly ground pepper
1 cup port wine
3 cups chicken stock
2 tbs water
1) Combine sage, shallots, garlic, salt, pepper and port in a nonreactive saucepan over high heat. Bring to boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
2) Add stock, bring to boil, and cook for 15 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, combine cornstarch with the water. Stir the mixture into the sauce, simmer for 2 minutes, and remove from the heat. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Reheat in a saucepan over low heat.
2-1/2 tbs paprika
2 tbs salt
3 tbs garlic powder
1 tbs fresh ground black pepper
1 tbs onion powder
1 tbs cayenne pepper
1 tbs dried leaf oregano
1 tbs dried leaf thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight container.