Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Kegging with Nitrogen  (Read 34303 times)

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Kegging with Nitrogen
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 12:18:39 pm »
Are you guys pushing over very long runs?  Because when I do a nitro beer I end up with a coil of beer line to take out the pressure.

I have a commercial kegarator, with about a five foot line.  Works great.  But again, I only push with beergas.

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 12:56:43 pm »
At what temperature Mic?  Because I use a 5' line too, but I'm at 10 or 12 psi of CO2.  I'd think that unless your beer is super cold you'd have to dial the pressure so low that the beer would be pretty flat pushing with beer gas.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 01:39:37 pm »
At what temperature Mic?  Because I use a 5' line too, but I'm at 10 or 12 psi of CO2.  I'd think that unless your beer is super cold you'd have to dial the pressure so low that the beer would be pretty flat pushing with beer gas.

To be honest, I've never measured the temperature.  I'm not gonna change the temp based on beer style.  I also use a CO2 regualtor, so not sure if the reading is right.  I do have to turn it up a bit as the keg empties.  I just adjust the pressure to a good pour, and RDWHAHB.

(sorry, not much help huh?)

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 03:14:05 pm »
No, it's fine Mic, I'm just trying to figure out how you do it, and you've explained that :)
Tom Schmidlin