Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Midnight brewing...  (Read 3314 times)

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
Re: Midnight brewing...
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 06:17:59 pm »
Lonnie Mac don't brew at midnight anymore. Lonnie Mac learned that misquotes really like Lonnie Mac after dark!

I made sure to use the 'insert quote' feature so I didn't mosquito you!  :P
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline lonnie mac

• Assistant Brewer
    • Alenuts
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 06:27:20 pm »
Lonnie Mac don't brew at midnight anymore. Lonnie Mac learned that misquotes really like Lonnie Mac after dark!

I made sure to use the 'insert quote' feature so I didn't mosquito you!  :P

Ha! Nothing like Apple spellcheck my friend! It ALWAYS (almost) knows what you want to say...  :D

Offline 4swan

• Cellarman
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 08:28:33 am »
I usually brew starting a 5 or 6 in the morning and then take the family out to lunch while all the cleaned equipment is drying in the kitchen.

Offline smitty

• 1st Kit
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 02:58:44 pm »
Yes, it has become a necessity with two children.  Since I brew on the weekends because of work, I don't really feel like telling them daddy has to take 3-5 hours out of the day, and can't take them to the park or go for a bike ride, because his beer is more important.  So, yeah, I wait until they rack out at night. 

Offline beerhaus

• Cellarman
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2010, 08:19:15 pm »
I'm in the same boat little kids - I've brewed all but one batch after 8 pm on Sunday night.

I'm an extract brewer so I usually get done around midnight - the solitude is nice.

Brewing seems to go well but bottling is a b*tch

Offline rbclay

• Assistant Brewer
  • Northfield, MN
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 08:36:00 pm »
I guess I should have added that I am also an extract/partial mash brewer. Saves me some time, but not really. I still spend 3-4 hours per session. I am usually racking and/or bottling in the same time I am brewing. I should be brewing right now, but there  is always tomorrow...
Randy Clay
Milltown Mashers
https://www.facebook.com/groups/404574082932834/
BJCP Certified