Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Sources for acid  (Read 4884 times)

jaybeerman

Re: Sources for acid
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 02:50:54 pm »
 ;D gotta love a thread that starts with lactic acid goes to drug induced memory loss, high times and finally ends with the fbi  ::)

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 03:25:30 pm »
;D gotta love a thread that starts with lactic acid goes to drug induced memory loss, high times and finally ends with the fbi  ::)

Remember this?
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 03:37:28 pm »

Remember this?

Boy, do I!!!  Efram Zimbalist, Jr.  One of the greatest names ever!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

jaybeerman

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 01:11:10 pm »
Remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0fj6ZjHC7M

That's cool as sh*t, I'd take this over Law & Order any day.  I guess the reason I don't watch tv is that all the good stuff came and went before I was born.  cheers, j

Offline tom

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 02:18:38 pm »
i got mine at the local science supply shop
Brew on

Offline punatic

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 03:38:56 pm »
Remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0fj6ZjHC7M

That's cool as sh*t, I'd take this over Law & Order any day.  I guess the reason I don't watch tv is that all the good stuff came and went before I was born.  cheers, j

Wow Captain Pike (Jeffery Hunter) as the bad guy!

Quinn Martin produced some great TV shows back in the day; The Fugitive, Twelve O'Clock High, The F.B.I., The Invaders, The Streets of San Francisco, Cannon, Barnaby Jones...

AHA Life Member #33907

jaybeerman

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 04:21:38 pm »

Tom, I'm jealous.  I'm sure you've been over the hump to visit fruita/grand junction; science isn't that popular over here.  ;D

Offline Kaiser

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Imperial Brewing Geek
    • braukaiser.com
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2011, 08:13:55 pm »
OK, I feel like I owe ya a better answer....here's 500 ml. of 85%...

http://cynmar.com/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=CHL83411

You may not be able to get this from Cynmar. If my memory serves me right, the only chemicals the public can by are calibration buffers and stains. If you have an account with the and convinced them that you are not a terrorist, you can get all sorts of stuff that I had to steal from the chem lab when I was a kid.

Kai

Offline punatic

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2011, 08:36:45 pm »
It is good to have a lab and an account with Fisher Scientific...

AHA Life Member #33907

jaybeerman

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2011, 11:06:40 am »
You may not be able to get this from Cynmar. If my memory serves me right, the only chemicals the public can by are calibration buffers and stains. If you have an account with the and convinced them that you are not a terrorist, you can get all sorts of stuff that I had to steal from the chem lab when I was a kid.

Kai

Yeah this has been my experience in the past, with a number of other companies.  There is a business that I can order some things through; I've not tried to get acid from Cynmar yet. I can visualize a kid having to stealing stuff from a chem lab, that's very funny.  I did finally order some though it won’t get here till Tuesday and I was hoping to brew today.  Thanks (to everyone else too) for the help, j

Yesterday I thought I'd check at a "grow" store to see if they carried phos/lactic acid.  :D  There's nothing like having a 20yo, (new)hippie treat you like you're a moron and/or a terrorist.  After making a huge scene, telling me that "acid should never be put in a beer...you should never drink that stuff," I left without finding out if they carried the acid or not. 

Offline tom

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2011, 11:21:26 am »

Tom, I'm jealous.  I'm sure you've been over the hump to visit fruita/grand junction; science isn't that popular over here.  ;D
Maybe they'll ship some to you? I also get my pH meter storage and buffer solutions from them.
http://www.sciencecompany.com/
Brew on