General Category > General Homebrew Discussion

Shipping Beer

(1/9) > >>

esheppy:
I know that the USPS will not ship beer.  I am pretty sure FedEx and UPS only ship beer if you are a company that specifically signs a contract with them.  As far as I know, the only way to ship home brew is to lie about what is being shipped.

Does anyone out there have a way to legally get your beer shipped without breaking the law?  Maybe some other less known shipping company?

:o

tschmidlin:
It is not illegal to ship beer to most states with FedEx or UPS, just against their policy.  Call it "yeast samples" or "gifts" or something like that.

I don't know of any shipper that has a policy of knowingly taking beer from individuals.

bluesman:

--- Quote from: tschmidlin on November 29, 2010, 11:02:51 AM ---It is not illegal to ship beer to most states with FedEx or UPS, just against their policy.  Call it "yeast samples" or "gifts" or something like that.

I don't know of any shipper that has a policy of knowingly taking beer from individuals.

--- End quote ---

Agreed.

I use UPS regularly and I tell them that I am shipping glassware.

theDarkSide:
I setup a personal UPS account, print my label at home, and bring the box into the office for the daily UPS pickup...no issues ever.

jeffy:

--- Quote from: theDarkSide on November 29, 2010, 11:14:43 AM ---I setup a personal UPS account, print my label at home, and bring the box into the office for the daily UPS pickup...no issues ever.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, they don't even ask any questions, so there's no reason to lie.  You can create an account on-line and use a drop off point, like a local office supply store.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version