Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What's the Weather Like Where You Are?  (Read 223274 times)

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: What's the Weather Like Where You Are?
« Reply #1050 on: May 30, 2015, 01:58:28 pm »
We went from 82 and sunny yesterday to 43 and rainy all day today, miserable spring thus far:(
Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010

Offline Frankenbrew

• Brewmaster
« Reply #1051 on: May 30, 2015, 05:34:49 pm »
It's been nice up here, but it's going to get cool and damp for the upcoming week.
Frank C.

And thereof comes the proverb: 'Blessing of your
heart, you brew good ale.'

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #1052 on: May 31, 2015, 05:03:32 am »
It's been nice up here, but it's going to get cool and damp for the upcoming week.
Yes, but man we need that rain its been a dry spring.I busted ass yesterday getting in the tomatoes, peppers, and eggplant and weeding and mulching. Also planted buckwheat where my barley will go for fall. I did enjoy the great day yesterday. I was outside from 7 am to 7 pm mostly working but also a couple beer breaks and grilled supper with salad from the garden. I'm hoping for a ton of rain the next few days.It would greatly increase the chance of a honey flow.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 06:31:24 am by pete b »
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline Frankenbrew

• Brewmaster
« Reply #1053 on: May 31, 2015, 05:51:57 am »
Yes, but man we need that rain its been a dry spring.I busted ass yesterday getting in the tomatoes, peppers, and eggplant and weeding and mulching. Also planted buckwheat where my barley will go for fall. I did enjoy the great day yesterday. I was outside from 7 am to 7 pm mostly working but also a couple beer brakes and grilled supper with salad from the garden. I'm hoping for a ton of rain the next few days.It would greatly increase the chance of a honey flow.

Yes, for sure it's a welcome change. I don't have a garden, but my yard is turning into the dust bowl, and the  grass and other plants are gasping for water.
Frank C.

And thereof comes the proverb: 'Blessing of your
heart, you brew good ale.'

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #1054 on: May 31, 2015, 06:32:53 am »
Its disturbing that we have had 3 dry springs in a row. I think of April as mud season but not lately.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #1055 on: May 31, 2015, 07:44:30 am »
Big cool off today. It rained and stormed heavily last night, so we're cooling off from low 80s to mid 60s today.
Jon H.

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #1056 on: May 31, 2015, 07:53:06 am »
Off to soccer, 44 degrees with gusts up to 35mph.  Happy almost June!

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #1057 on: May 31, 2015, 08:05:31 am »

Ouch. Damn, that's brutal !
Jon H.

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #1058 on: May 31, 2015, 09:24:27 am »

Jon,

Its now a balmy 50, had to came almost to east Iowa  for this game, crazy!

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #1059 on: May 31, 2015, 09:34:59 am »

Jon,

Won't lie, I was never so happy as the day my kids decided to stop playing soccer  ;D  I'd have supported them all the way if it was their thing, but it wasn't. I love how, with kids soccer mostly played in the spring and fall, that damn near every game is required to be played on chilly, rainy mornings @ 8am. I was sick every spring and fall with headcolds. I sympathize !
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 09:37:11 am by HoosierBrew »
Jon H.

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
« Reply #1060 on: May 31, 2015, 10:03:51 am »
Still raining.  Managed to get half the slush pit cut yesterday, though.

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #1061 on: May 31, 2015, 10:12:36 am »

Jon,

Won't lie, I was never so happy as the day my kids decided to stop playing soccer  ;D  I'd have supported them all the way if it was their thing, but it wasn't. I love how, with kids soccer mostly played in the spring and fall, that damn near every game is required to be played on chilly, rainy mornings @ 8am. I was sick every spring and fall with headcolds. I sympathize !
My daughter loves it and is a great player but its all the travel being on a travel team, she's dedicated. Today's game is 3 hours driving for 90 minutes of playing, I need a beer:)

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #1062 on: May 31, 2015, 08:40:34 pm »
My daughter loves it and is a great player but its all the travel being on a travel team, she's dedicated. Today's game is 3 hours driving for 90 minutes of playing, I need a beer:)
Man, I'm spoiled that it's under a mile to both the teeball and soccer fields. Things will probably change this fall for flag football. But, the weather has been all over the place this year. It's either been cold and windy, or hot and stale with the sun beating down on you. I would kill for a run of days with low-70's and a light breeze.

I'm loving the rain today up here. It should help the berries fill out a bit. I might actually plant my beans and peanuts tomorrow not that the soil has some moisture.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #1063 on: June 01, 2015, 07:38:51 am »
Man, I'm spoiled that it's under a mile to both the teeball and soccer fields. Things will probably change this fall for flag football. But, the weather has been all over the place this year. It's either been cold and windy, or hot and stale with the sun beating down on you. I would kill for a run of days with low-70's and a light breeze.

I'm loving the rain today up here. It should help the berries fill out a bit. I might actually plant my beans and peanuts tomorrow not that the soil has some moisture.

I remember those easy travel days, before travel soccer we used to be able to simply walk to the fields she played on, same when my boys played baseball. This whole travel thing can really kill you in the advanced leagues, come fall we'll have out of state travel for some tournaments, not looking forward to that at all!

I too would kill for a string of decent weather, this spring here has just royally sucked all the way around!

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #1064 on: June 01, 2015, 08:30:08 am »

Eric, assuming you will be having the same general weather as me, this coming weekend is looking to be just what you are looking for. For now, I'm loving the rain, we needed it big time.