Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Biere de la Muese  (Read 1416 times)

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
Biere de la Muese
« on: February 12, 2011, 05:53:10 pm »
I spent last week in France for my mother in law's funeral  After everybody went home or to bed my wife and I sat in the kitchen talking and of course drinking.  I brought out a  6 pack of Jenlain Ambree I had in the cellar and as we drank it she told me that it reminded her of the "biere de la Meuse"(beer of the Meuse River) that her father drank back in the 60's and 70's.  It came in wooden crates and the bottles had porcelain flip tops.  I suggested to her that it was probably Belgian since the Meuse is one of the most important rivers in Belgium but she was pretty sure it was a French beer.  Has anybody ever heard of this beer?
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Biere de la Muese
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 09:53:07 am »
Thanks.  So she's not crazy, it was a French beer. 
Her family lived on a farm and someone would deliver crates of the beer along with crates of lemonade for the kids.
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
Re: Biere de la Muese
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 02:05:10 am »
Thanks.  So she's not crazy, it was a French beer. 
Her family lived on a farm and someone would deliver crates of the beer along with crates of lemonade for the kids.

I'll be going to my good friend the beer shop owner today to pick up a fresh supply and will see if he's heard of it and if it's still in production.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!