Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Dropped my Barley Crusher  (Read 1638 times)

Offline uisgue

• Assistant Brewer
Dropped my Barley Crusher
« on: December 05, 2010, 02:20:44 pm »
I dropped my Barley Crusher. It landed on its hand-crank arm.  Now the shaft is bent between the handle and the knurls. >:(  I'm going to use the table vise at work and see if I can bend it back straight, but if I can't, is there a replacement part readily available?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 02:31:32 pm by uisgue »
Doug Hickey
Crescent City, CA
Symposia Brew Corps

Offline richardt

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Dropped my Barley Crusher
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 06:24:28 pm »
Like you, earlier this year I had posted that "I bent my rod."

I'm happy to report that I bought my BC from Rebel Brewer within the last 12 months.
So, I contacted Tyler at Rebel Brewer (tyler@rebelbrewer.com).

I haven't dropped mine, but I'm not sure how my rod got bent.
It worked fine with a hand crank, but won't tolerate a drill at all. 
After hand-cranking 5 separate 10-gallon batches in FL heat, I said it was time for power tools.

They forwarded my request for a replacement rod/roller to Barley Crusher (bcproducts@peoplepc.com).

They (barley crusher) sent me a free replacement roller w/ axle.  I did not have to return anything.

Barley Crusher rocks.

Offline oceanselv

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 02:29:21 pm »
Contact Barley Crusher directly.  I believe they have a lifetime warranty.
I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer...Abraham Lincoln

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy...... Ben Franklin

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 03:06:51 pm »
I dropped mine too and bent the rod slightly. Still works though. Good to know about the lifetime warranty.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis