Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: DVR questions  (Read 5593 times)

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
Re: DVR questions
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2010, 02:06:20 am »
  I had DirecTV  out for a site survey...no go. 

Do you live in a cave?  :P

No, he lives in Oregon.  I had the same thing.  Direct TV would only serve me if I climbed about 40' up a few Douglas Firs and cut off some branches.
Yeah, they're suggestion for me was to cut down a doug fir that is blocking the line of site. ::)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2010, 09:35:05 am »

I live in a deep draw between 2 very high tree covered hills.  When I moved there 16 years ago, I was the last house on the cable TV line and the first house in the area not to be on a telephone party line.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline thirsty

• Brewer
  • Brewster, NY
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2010, 01:00:46 pm »
Ok I want to just say it was many minutes before I realized the Spinal Tap guy was Denny.

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2010, 01:18:37 pm »

I live in a deep draw between 2 very high tree covered hills.  When I moved there 16 years ago, I was the last house on the cable TV line and the first house in the area not to be on a telephone party line.

And I thought I lived the furthest out on the far side of BFE!

I had a problem with my neighbor's albizia trees blocking my view of the DirecTV satellite.  My neighbor hired a contractor to knock them down (they are an especially nasty invasive species here in Puna).  I had DirecTV on the phone before the contractor had his D9 down off of the flatbed trailer.  Love my Sunday Ticket!

Albizia blossom honey does make very tasty mead, and my bees love the blossoms.  There is excellent nectar flow when the albizias bloom in the summer.
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907